Chapter 15

"Lex, what did you see?" Mike, having no idea people can become ghosts in the first place, let alone that ghosts can somehow become a living human being again, asks his little sister. Usually, she tells him, seeing as their as close as best friends, and he helps her work through the emotions she's subjected to. Moving around a lot caused a lot of their closeness, since making new friends every couple years got old fast. Not that they didn't make friends, they just weren't best friends.

"I have no idea. Right now, I just need to digest everything because what I just saw is really confusing." Confusing? Or straight-up impossible according to all laws known to man? As soon as Mike pulls into the driveway of their newest house, a different house from the one they lived in prior to moving across the country, Lex is in the front door, halfway to her room. The one thing she's picked up as a result of these episodes, at least that's what she calls them, is the ability to draw the scenes she saw in her head.

It only takes her four hours to draw out the five scenes that played out in her head, and after she records the emotions that went along with each one, she goes through the techniques her therapist suggested a few years ago. Lex has told her parents about this, back when she believed she had to tell them everything, and they wanted to admit her to a psych ward, but Mike convinced them a therapist and a normal life would be better.

"How are you doing?" Mike says, joining Lex in her meditation.

"Okay." Lex says, taking controlled breaths in rhythm with the music playing in the background.

"Okay? So, what did you see?" He knows about every single "episode" she's ever had.

The episodes cause her to feel the emotions of someone and basically their entire life story if she touches them for long enough. Or if they touch her long enough. The rules she's come up with are: a) it has to be bare skin to bare skin, b) it has to be someone she's never had an episode with, and c) it has to be someone living; if they're dead, she can't draw on current emotions to trigger the episode. She pretty much can always feel how someone is feeling when they touch her or she touches them, but the episodes are so much worse.

"Promise you won't let mom and dad admit me to a psych ward?" Lex asks Mike, holding out her two pinkies, and he wraps his around hers, forming the double pinky swear.

"I promise." Mike says, knowing she's seen a million things he could never imagine seeing, so at this point, nothing surprises him.

"I think Alex, the blond guy from Julie's band, I think he was dead." Until she says that. "I think Luke and Reggie were, too."

"You mean, they are ghosts? Or what?" He is surprised, but doesn't think she's crazy. Everything she's ever seen has been real.

"They're definitely living now, but they were ghosts at some point. I don't know all the details, though, but I want to ask them." Lex says, now determined to get the explanation she deserves.

"For right now, let's meditate, then we can go play soccer in the backyard." Soccer is definitely Alexis' favorite sport, and since she was seven, she's played striker and forward positions for whatever team she was on, continuing to play wherever she moved. Mike plays lacrosse, but also has quite an extensive knowledge of soccer, hoping to make it onto Los Feliz's team in the fall.

Willie, trying to rack his brain of what could possibly be his unfinished business, runs into Nick at the beach. The unspoken tensions between are only a result of keeping their feelings for each other a secret.

"Willie?" Nick asks, thinking about what life will be once he gets his body back.

"What is it?" Willie, still staring at the blue ocean, feels as if his heart is breaking all over again. This time, even worse than when Alex became a lifer.

"Will I still be able to see ghosts when I get my body back?" Nick reaches his fingers towards Willie's, feeling a distinct calm that comes with being around the guy he likes.

Nick hopes that he can still see Willie in the future, mostly because he wants to keep whatever they have going. He doesn't want their friendship, or what is probably more than one, to disappear once Caleb leaves his body. The connection they share is unlike anything either one of them has experienced. Willie, having no idea if there's any possible way for him to cross over given he has no idea what his unfinished business is, wants the exact same thing. To hold onto their feelings for each other.

"I don't know. I haven't been a ghost for long, and Caleb's never taken over a lifer's body before. This is all new for me, too." Their eyes lock on each other, and it's not long before they both get the same idea.

Until Alex and Josh end up on the same beach, only a few feet away from the ghost and spirit. Nick is considered a spirit because his body is still "living", even if his spirit isn't the one in it. Ghosts have dead bodies, unable to rejoin with their original bodies if they were to rejoin the living world.

"So, does your band have any upcoming gigs anytime soon?" Josh wonders, laying on the towel to look up at the stars peeking out behind the sunset's light purple color in the sky.

"We have a big one next week Friday." Alex joins his friend and crush by laying on his towel, knowing he would be scrubbing sand out of his scalp for days if he didn't have one.

"Where at? I'd love to see it." Alex's heart jumps out of his chest, skips a beat, and a smile grows on his face.

"We're actually opening for P!nk at The Hollywood Bowl." Josh turns to him, shocked and excited for him, and Alex turns towards Josh, as Willie feels like his heart is being steamrolled. Without a second thought, both Willie and Nick head somewhere else to leave the other two gay lovebirds alone.

"No way. Really?" Josh, excited for his friend, is even more excited, since he actually got tickets for the show a month ago. As soon as Alex nods, he spills his little secret. "I actually have tickets to the show. I can't believe I get to watch my friend," that word hits a nerve in both boys, "open for P!nk." The smile on Josh's face makes up for it, though, causing Alex to forget that he was completely FRIEND-ZONED.

Little did Alex know that when Josh said "friend", he wished it was something more, too.

Author's note: So, did you guys enjoy getting to learn more about Lex? I also realized I had no idea when lacrosse season was, then proceeded to learn it starts in February. Well, in this universe it starts in August. Mostly because I can't, and won't, change things I already wrote... I have quite a bit planned for all of the characters, and I'm super excited for next chapter because it's a big one! Sorry this chapter was so short, but let me know if you guys liked it by commenting and voting.

Loves,

mistyrider921

~𝄞~