Chapter 1| The Rain Made it Better

Foxy's POV:

I sobbed in the rain, which was pouring like crazy out there. How could they just leave me like that? I couldn't bear the pain. I sobbed even harder, fearing my eyes would pop out of their sockets if I continued.

"Hey, are you ok? You seem distressed..."

I looked up with my train of thoughts cut, when I saw the most beautiful, yet familiar face ever. He had brown hair, tan skin, and golden eyes that glossed with worry. His purple hoodie stood out from the dark, gloomy scenery behind him.

"Sure, I'm fine", I blurted out, not realizing how fake I sounded.

"No you're not, you're sobbing. If you'd like we could talk about it! It's not like you're infected, are you?"

"No". He sat down on the cold, metal bench, wrapping his arms around me, and being careful not to let go of the plaid umbrella, which would blow away in a green flurry if his fingers slipped. 

"If you don't mind, can I hug y-"

"Yes please"...                 "Alright"

He asked and I told him about my fake "friends", who left me after finding out that I was a gay demiboy. He seemed shocked, appalled, even, to hear about my homophobic ex-friends. 

"It's alright.", he whispered into my ears, to calm me down. Eventually, I did. And was thankful for it to be raining, for I had a hoodie on, as well. The boy introduced himself as Doggy Brown, which made my heart jump 2 ft in the air. Doggy Hansel Brown? The one and only HIM?!

" O-Oh, n-nice to meet you, Gingerbread"

...

Shoot. The words slipped out before I could stop them. I covered my mouth while my mind was telling me to just reveal it.

"I'm sorry, what did you call me? Oh, and what's your name?"

Shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot. Ah well... here goes.

"Oh, COME ON, DOGGYYYYYY You don't recognize your own FrIeNdDdDdDd? Imma tell my mama and cwy. WAHHHHHHHHHHHH-"

My mini speech was cut off by Doggy hugging me close to his chest. I could hear his slow heartbeat quicken as he gripped me.

"It's nice to meet you too, Foxy Greyshield"

We just stood there hugging. Under the flimsy teal plastic cover bolted to the metal rods that marked a bus stop. I could hear a train horn in the distance, its soft TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT  seemingly cheering me on. Many cars sped by, their headlights and taillights flashing different shades of red, yellow, and white. The giant buildings around us were alive with colour, their electronic advertisement boards flashing all sorts of green, purple, blue, red, and silver. Chilly, cold wind whipped around us, blowing through our hair and messing up. I heard a person walking by grunt and shiver at the icy chill. But for us.....

I swear the rain made it better.