Chapter Four: Seek

It was already the middle of the night, and he was sitting outside, waiting. The stray kid hadn't told him a thing, just as you had instructed. He was willing to wait as long as it took for you to come back safely.

Of course, he had feared the worst. Had your leg given out somewhere? Were you assaulted? Killed? The possibilities made him sick. He was so lost in thought, he didn't hear one of the kids come outside with his cell phone.

The girl tugged on his sleeve, causing him to look over at her. "Hm?" She handed him his ringing phone. It was Ms. Folia calling from the Honeybee Inn. "Strange..." he muttered before sitting back with the phone up to his ear, as he nodded to the little girl as a thank you. "Yeah?"

The girl stayed next to him, listening to the conversation. "Is [F/N] with you?" she asked. Biggs looked a little alarmed and shook his head. He sat up again, becoming really tense.

"No, she's not... I'm still waiting on her. All the kids are here, but she's not."

"Could it be that Turks snatched her up on her way out?"

"What are you talking about?" Biggs asked. His voice was beginning to get louder, but he tried to keep his cool, not wanting to come across as upset at her.

"She was rounding up the kids for the night, right? On my way out, she perused a kid away from two Turks. They said something about her incriminating ShinRa and being a 'disobedient daughter'. Maybe I misheard..."

"No, it's fine," he sighed. This was all he needed to hear. He wasn't quite sure what the accusations meant. All he knew was that ShinRa did in fact get their hands on you. And he had to do something. "Thanks for letting me know. I'd hate to ask this of you, but in the morning, would you mind taking over for the day? Maybe even two?"

"You know I don't mind," Ms. Folia reassured him. "If there's something you need to take care of, I'll be happy to fill in."

"Thanks a lot," Biggs replied. "I'll catch ya later."

"Of course. I'll be there in the morning," Ms. Folia said before hanging up. Biggs sighed and looked at his phone. He had a feeling you wouldn't answer, but decided to call your phone anyway. He was surprised that it only rang twice before someone answered.

"Biggs?" someone asked. It didn't sound like your voice.

"[F/N]?" He asked. "Who am I speaking to...?"

"[Y/N]'s in the custody of the Turks right now. She's unavailable at the moment."

"'[Y/N]'? What are you talking about? That's not her...--" and suddenly the line went dead. Biggs looked at his phone, slightly pissed off.

"What's going on? Is [F/N] okay?" the little girl asked. He had honestly forgotten she was standing there. He gave her a reassuring smile, as well as a nod before standing up.

"She's all right. Let's get you back to bed." He led her back inside and helped her to her room through the darkness.

When he knew no one was awake or would wonder about him, he took off into the night to look for help.

You wouldn't talk. You wouldn't obey. You wouldn't acknowledge anyone. You were sitting against the wall in your cell, stripped of your possessions. You couldn't call anyone. Walking was something you didn't even bother trying. So you just sat there, staring ahead at the floor.

Suddenly, you heard your phone ring, causing you to perk up. At the same time, footsteps that were coming down the hallway stopped, and picked your phone up from its place across the hall. "Who the hell is Biggs...?" you heard Reno mutter to himself. You quickly sat up straight.