˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚In the following time he took his life - 0.5

Doubt. There was doubt in his movements and thoughts, it rigged the flow of ideas and harboured any creative manner. Like a stunted dam or something, it didn't work. The spigot of his lively mind was shut off, the movement of Todoroki's head obscured. Why was he so devastated? Oh. Right. He considered Bakugou a friend, hadn't he? Ever since the remedial courses, or the U.A sports festival, the two toned boy had been hopeful for the blond to return those cordial feelings back and actually engage in a bountiful friendship of some sort.

But before that, he was cold. Resigned, retracted, and revulsed by Bakugou. Bakugou had revolted him, because he had been so much like Enji to Todoroki. The senseless determination to clamber up the charts like a gecko shimmying up to the wall, as if to breach the ceiling and slither to the sky, it was just like a snake's. Just like his father. His oh-so iniquitous actions that pushed Todoroki to harsh extremes, places so dark he never wants to be coaxed to that again. He had seen that in a sixteen year old boy, lost in a world of his own it seemed.

So far away from reality, that grounding himself seemed to be a mere fantasy. For Bakugou.

It was when he saw the blond, raging against the confines that had constricted him, had he seen something else. Not sure, but maybe the abject terror of a child, held back unwillingly by adults, forced to a shambling attempt to bolt away from the steely metal. Had he seen himself. Todoroki was unable to look at Bakugou after that, the sports festival left him in a smog of confusion. Enji's fire side, the one that had been wretchedly bestowed on him as a curse, was... his to make as a blessing.

Then what was this respect? The initial feeling of credit that he had tossed to Bakugou silently, to see him yank away from the medal so harshly that it had been pushed in his bared teeth. Like he was some sort of dog. But if he respected Bakugou for the match, even lost in his own quarries, maybe, oh just maybe, he didn't see Enji in there? If there was a pint of the burly man who was his self-acclaimed father in anybody, he's not sure there'd be a drop of respect for the person.

No. There wouldn't be.

But does Todoroki respect himself then?

That again, he's not sure. Todoroki isn't able to make that choice, sure, he respects himself to at least the minimum, but he's easily convinced to do whatever people throw at him. As long as it doesn't go against his heroic standards, he'll agree to it with few qualms, maybe frustration, but Todoroki was a sucker for people and always ended up giving in. If it wasn't straight up horrendous.

So maybe he saw a little bit of himself, and maybe his view on Bakugou had changed.

Wasn't Bakugou... just... Bakugou? Maybe Todoroki saw him as... as.... Bakugou. Just... Katsuki Bakugou, who stole traits from the corners of Todoroki's life and forged something akin to them. Maybe. Why was he trying so hard to relate to Bakugou? Maybe because he was just so loud, brash, and an overall ass. Maybe that's why. That's why he saw Endeavour in him, the hunk of vehement flames, flapping in the air around him and crowding it with a deep smoke. Leaving everything that flies over it so hurt from the flames, that its soul either gets charbroiled with more malice than any hero should hold, or withering the victim to ashes, until they become so dark and burnt, there's not a crumb of them left to piece apart and singe the inside of.

Todoroki never flew too close to his father, but his father was the one that shot after him.

Bakugou on the other hand, was different, he wanted to be left alone. Todoroki was sure that if nobody bothered him, Bakugou wouldn't bother them. But... they were still forced together. And maybe that's when, that's when Todoroki started seeing Bakugou as Bakugou.

Then formed the idea they were friends.

Right? They were friends?

Even if Bakugou didn't really agree, he would over time. Todoroki was determined.