"burnout" 035 x 049 (human version)

049=nathaniel

035=dramaticus

-----

Dramaticus had just turned in an essay for his psychology class when he heard the front door open. He eagerly got up from his computer to greet his lover. When he got to the living room, he almost laughed at the pitiful scene. Nathaniel was laying on the sofa as if he got thrown onto it. Poor guy didn't even take his hair out of his bun before collapsing. Dram approached his exhausted Nathan.

"Hey, birdie. How was work?" Dram asked. He only got some grumbling in response. "I'll go pick out some comfier clothes for you, okay?" Nathan raised his head slightly to nod before letting down again. Dram went into their bedroom as his lover lied on the couch.

Nathan had a pounding headache from having to put up with a certain patient's family all day. This patient was well known at the hospital for being too stubborn to follow his diet, but no one knew his family would be much worse. "He can't have water! He's allergic! Give him sprite instead," The patients sister snapped. "You guys are being overdramatic. He's been like this his whole life," The patient's father muttered. "I don't care if he's fat! Y'all are fatphobic," The patient's wife argued. "Ma'am, your husband has a much greater risk of having a heart attack than you do, and being this overweight can cause issues for any surgery that is needed in the future," Nathaniel explained. He groaned at the thought of the family suing the hospital when the patient died. He imagined all the stupid shit they would say.

"You killed him! It was your responsibility to keep him alive!" His wife would scream. "You never told us he would've died!" His father would yell. "You stupid fucking dickheads killed my brother!" His sister would cry. God, he hated that family. They chose to ignore his condition just so they wouldn't hurt his feelings.

"Alright, birdie, I got some comfy clothes laid out for you. Come on and get to bed." Nathaniel groaned as he sat up. He got up and, with the help of Dramaticus, got into their bedroom in one piece. Without looking at what the clothes were, Nathaniel sluggishly changed into the clothes that Dram had laid out. He had picked out thin shirt and basketball shorts. Nathaniel laid down on the bed, kicking the blanket under him. He just wanted that day to be over.

Putting the blanket over Nathaniel, Dram asked, "Same patient?" "Him and his family. They're worse than him." Dram nodded as he got under the covers with his lover. "At least you don't have work tomorrow. I'll spoil you all day as a reward, alright?" "Okay..." Nathaniel's eyelids were beginning to get heavy as love and compassion filled the room. Dram said something to him right before he fell asleep, but he didn't hear it. That night, he dreamt that they were both dancing while everyone around them was happy.

-----

498 words

aaa im so sorry it's short i promise i'll make a part 2 about when birb boyo gets spoiled by his dramatic bf

edit: changed 035's name to dramaticus