Chapter 23 - Knobs is a Therapist and Is Wonderful

- Chapter 23 - #Knobsisatherapist -
Warnings: Mentions of betrayal, sadness
Third Person POV

Race laid half on Albert, his head on his chest.

Albert way rubbing his back.

They had both stopped crying, but were still down and feeling betrayed, rightfully.

Knobs gets up.

Everyone's attention turns to him.

Knobs leaves the room, walking upstairs.

Henry looks at everyone when he was out of his sight. "Should someone go check on him?" He asks softly, worried.

Some boys share looks.

When Knobs didn't want to show his emotions, he didn't show his emotions, it was as simple as that.

Knobs had a good Poker face and could hide anything.

After Jack's betrayal, he had put that Poker face to good use.

Boots gets up.

Knobs walks down the stairs.

Boots sits back down.

Concerned, Specs looks at Knobs. "You alright, K?" He asks, his voice light as if he was trying not to hurt Knobs.

Knobs nods, sitting down on the floor. "Everyone come sit." He tells them. "Make a circle." He gestures to the floor in a circle motion.

Some of the boys share looks, both confused and concerned.

"Knobs..." Blink starts slowly, bending down next to him. "Are you feeling alright?" He asks him, pressing the back of his hand to Knob's forehead.

Knobs glares at him. "Sit your bottom down, Baletti, or I will kick it." He threatens, snapping his fingers towards a spot across the 'circle'.

Blink's eyes widen. He puts his hands up in a gesture like he surrendered, going to sit down in the spot Knob's had pointed to.

Mush sits next to him.

Blink pulls him into his lap, wrapping his arms around the younger, brown-haired boy.

Mush blushes.

The other boys make a circle like Knobs had told them to.

"Alright," Knobs starts. "Talking about your problems usually helps." He informs them. "You don't have to, but you might find that it helps to talk about it." He says. "Who wants to go first?" He looks around the circle.

The group was silent for a few minutes.

Race was fidgeting with his cigar.

JoJo was playing with Mike's hair as he avoided eye contact.

Mush was focused on playing with Blink's hand (his left one; the one he writes with).

Knobs sighs deeply. "I'm just trying to help..." he whispers.

Buttons, who sat next to him, squeezes his hand.