⚠️Suicidal thoughts⚠️

Sensitive topic warning ⚠️ thoughts of suicide ahead. Please don't read if you are sensitive to such topics. My  DM's are always open if you experience something like this. Don't be afraid to reach out. There are people who care about you.

Will's POV

I hate my hands. I can only really make them do something useful if someone needs healing. I suck at writing poetry and couldn't hit a target with an arrow to save my life. Even if I could only use my hands for healing, they still didn't save people all the time.

Because of this I always had a smile on at the infirmary but when I got to the cabin and no one else was awake (we Apollo kids go to bed with the sun) I looked at my hands with disgust. Usually people didn't die, but I still hated my hands, because I couldn't heal everyone right away. At least one person had to stay in the infirmary that night. Sometimes more.

Was it because they were demigods and their injuries were usually kinda bad because they always were doing dangerous things that could get them killed? Was it because there just weren't enough healers, and the ones that there were just couldn't heal everyone fast enough? Only the gods knew.

After years and years of misery with my hands, at the young age of 18, I considered suicide. Why not? Barely anyone would miss me. My death might even be celebrated by the families of those who I couldn't save. And I was barely making enough of a difference in the world for my healing abilities to be missed.

I go to my room (me and Nico moved out of camp and got an apartment. We still visit camp sometimes though) and write a note to nico. Then I go outside in case he comes back sooner than expected. I go to the alley near our apartment building.

Nico POV

I came home from college today and went to Will's room to ask what he wanted for dinner. I studied forensic science and I was a bit tired so I didn't notice the note on his desk right away. Then I did.

Dear Nico,

I love you so much. That's why you are the only person who I think will notice I'm gone, so I'm writing this. By the time you get home, it might be too late. Although, who knows how long it takes to commit suicide with a knife. You of all people should understand death and why someone would want to die. If you can't figure out why I would want to, it's because every day the only thing I can use my hands for is helping people keep on living. But sometimes they might not want to. Sometimes they don't live with my help. I haven't saved so many. I want to join them. Apologize. Maybe they'll forgive me. Maybe they will hate me. Who knows?

Your love,

Will

No. No. I lost my mother, my sister. Everyone I ever loved. I will not lose Will too. I mentally run through all the places he might go.

He wouldn't go somewhere obvious because he thought I would look there first. He might go to some nearby alley, even though that would be risking infection. But he would also want to go somewhere close, so that I would have a chance of finding his body.

I shadow travel down to the lobby of the building then run out the door and to the alley near here. I find Will with the knife.

I walk into the alley. He can fully see me. I start talking "Will. Will!

He looks at me. "Just let me die Nico. I'm worthless. It took me so long to realize, and I just want it to be a quick death." He had silent tears streaming down his face. I start talking. "No Will. I can't let you. Because you're not worthless. All those demigods you saved. Where would they be without you? The underworld. And those you didn't save, I always visited. I asked them whether they resented you. And do you know what they said Will? They said they didn't. They said that they knew you did everything you could and if they died it must have been the Fates will, because you would never let someone die on purpose. Then why, why, would you let yourself die. You're only just getting started. You can save so many other lives.

Will, I love you and I CAN'T let you go.

 I forgot to update on Monday like an idiot so this is to make up for that. Sorry it's really short . Ok so I have no ideas to continue that so i will leave that there. Remember you can always request something and there is a big chance we will do it.