• 46 • rum, ravishing, and realizations

'Don't need to live forever

Growing old with you's much better'

--

Maggie and Charlie had been whispering about some event happening all while they were touring Anne and Gilbert around Toronto. But Anne and Gilbert were far too infatuated with each other to notice.

The group had split to return to their respective dorms and Anne expected they would have a calm night in.

It wasn't until Maggie was instructing Anne to hide her hair under a hat that she realized they were breaking rules.

Maggie was standing impatiently by her door, "Anne we need to go, it's past midnight!"

Anne was straightening her clothes as she gave an exasperated sigh, "What are we even doing?"

"You didn't think we were going to send you off without a goodbye party." Maggie smirked with glee.

"But why do I have to dress as a boy?" Anne threw on a newsboy cap and followed Maggie out of her dorm to a barely-lit campus.

"Well we can't get into the boy's dorm wearing skirts."

The boy's dorm?

Anne shook her head in disbelief, "This is unlike any adventure I've ever been on."

Maggie tightened her cap as they approached a building identical to the girl's dorms, "We're just getting started."

--

Gilbert didn't know what was happening. He had spent the last few hours cleaning Charlie's dorm for the unnamed 'guests' that were coming at midnight.

It all happened very suddenly. At one moment, you could hear a pin drop. The next moment, Gilbert needed at least six hands to count all the people that stormed into Charlie's dorm.

Boys and girls.

Where's Anne?

Gilbert searched the crowd until he found Charlie who was holding a bottle of dark liquid.

"Charlie, where's-"

"Gilbert!" Charlie cheered and stumbled over to him putting his arm around Gilbert's neck, "I missed you, buddy."

Gilbert flinched when he smelled Charlie's breath, "You've been drinking."

"We all have!" Charlie motioned to the crowd, "Even Anne has!"

Anne appeared from seemingly no where, "Hey you," she giggled.

"Hi?" Gilbert was amused but terribly concerned, "I didn't know you were here."

"I didn't have much choice," she glanced at Maggie who was beaming at another girl, "But if I'm here, I might as well enjoy myself."

"Touche."

Charlie handed his bottle to Anne who grasped it and look a sip, shaking her head as she swallowed.

She lazily held out the bottle to Gilbert, who winced, "I don't drink Anne."

She gave him a loose grin, "But if you don't drink it, I will. And we know what happens when I drink."

Gilbert flashed back to the night he took care of Anne.

She called me dreamy. I called her beautiful. We said I love you.

"Or we could just not drink." He scratched the back of his neck anxiously, wondering how much Anne remembered from that night.