𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙛𝙞𝙛𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣

"Hello, party people

"Hello, party people." Nova greeted as she skipped down Big Reds stairs, leading to his bedroom, "I brought cheese puffs."

Everyone was sitting around in complete silence, crowded together. Nova gave a awkward laugh, laying the cheese puffs on the small table and taking a seat next to Seb. Ashlyn had been by his side and EJ by hers, he looked across the duo toward Nova.

"This is a terrible party." Natalie stated from the corner, "And cheese puffs are kinda gross."

"Your face is kinda gross." Nova defended herself quickly.

"Oh, wow, A+ comeback." EJ nodded his head, giving Nova a knowing look.

"We all ended up in the same basement after a really bad day." Ashlyn spoke up before Nova could say anything back, "Someone should say something."

"I thought my cheese puffs said enough." Nova mumbled. Seb laid his head on her shoulder with a pat on the knee.

"Fine. I'll say something." Carlos stated quickly, "I'm mad at Miss Jenn."

"Why?" Gina asked in disbelief, "Because she's got a couple skeletons in her closet?"

"No, because she's giving up." Carlos corrected her quickly, "She was the first teacher to not see me as a punchline."

"She risked her job just so I wouldn't have to move." Nova added in, watching EJ lean forward and take one of the cheese puffs.

"And now she's not even a real teacher?" Carlos asked with a shake of his head.

"Define real teacher." Ashlyn rolled her eyes.

"He's got a point." Kourtney stated.

"Does he though?" Natalie questions right after.

"Define real at all. Non of us are real. We've all lied about something before. We've all done thing we shouldn't have but did it anyways." Nova went on after her with a small sigh, "She messed up, yes, but so have I, so has every single person in this room. Or, basement, I mean."

"Novas right." Big Red agreed.

"So, why are we all here then?" Natalie asked again.

"Yeah, good question. This is a waste of time." EJ stated, pocketing half of the cheese puffs in the process.

"Honestly? Because she gave me a shot." Carlos said with a sad look. Seb nuzzled into Novas neck at his words, "And it's been a long time since someone gave me a shot."

"She gave me a voice." Nini spoke up from behind Kourtney.

"Yeah, and now nobody's gonna get to hear it because Miss Jenn screwed up." Kourtney stated with a eye roll, clearing overly annoyed at the blonde woman.

"Okay, does anyone here actually care if her past is a little bit sketchy?" Ashlyn asked, looking around at each of them.

"I think it makes me kinda cool." Nova shrugged, messing with her bracelet, "Don't tell her I said that though."