Chapter 10

The Wedding – 10 months later

Eddie was pacing in his dressing room as Hen walked in. She raised an eyebrow at his appearance and he paused to look at her.

"Are you good?" She asked.

"Yea, just excited and anxious and when I get this way the only person that can calm me is Buck and I can't see him so yea..." Eddie answered.

"Okay, well everything is ready I came to get you." Hen replied.

At this Eddie smiled wide and walked towards the door. He could not wait to see his fiancé at the altar.

Buck and Eddie decided to get married at the firehouse because that is where it all began for them. There really was not a place better for the wedding.

As Eddie walked out into the empty garage he gasped at the beautiful transformation. Maddie, Athena, and May took charge of the décor and only asked Buck and Eddie about what colors they wanted. Eddie thought it was perfect.

The loft railing was adorned with blue orchids that were braided into garland from fir tree branches. It had a very woodsy feel to it. There was an altar made out of the same material situated below the loft where Bobby stood. (He got ordained and was marrying them).

A white carpet led to the altar and there were gold chairs on either side with guests waiting for the ceremony to start. Everything was simple and perfect Eddie thought.

Eddie was wearing a grey suit with a navy-blue dress shirt and Buck had on a navy suit with a grey dress shirt.

Buck and Eddie caught sight of each other from across the room and their eyes locked. They both broke out into huge grins and Buck mouthed "love you" and Eddie mouthed it back.

As music began to play, Maddie walked down the aisle with Jee-Yun in her arms as the flower girl. Christopher walked down next with the rings.

The music changed and everyone stood and Eddie and Buck walked down together hand-in-hand.

As they walked they looked at their family members. Each one had a huge smile on their faces and showed nothing but love.

They reached the altar and Bobby clasped his hands. He told everyone to be seated and began.

Bobby began, "We are here today to witness the union between Evan and Eddie. Two men who have been through a lot together and are stronger for it. These men are heroes in more ways than one and I could not be prouder to call them not only my teammates, but my sons."

Bobby turns to Eddie, "Eddie you may begin." He states.

Buck and Eddie face each other and combine their hands.

Eddie begins his vows, "Evan, you are the most selfless and caring person I have ever met. Falling for you was inevitable because you are my soulmate. I cannot imagine my life without you in it and I always want you by my side. You are an amazing father to our son and we both love you so much. I promise to always have your back no matter what. I will always be by your side ready to run into the fire with you."

Buck was smiling huge as Bobby said, "Buck it's your turn."

Buck begins his vows, "Edmundo, I don't even know what my life would be without you in it. You and Christopher are my world and my better half. I knew from the moment we diffused that grenade that I was gone for you. I fell hard and keep falling every day. I promise to always have your back ready to run into the fire with you."

They turned back to Bobby and he began again, "Buck and Eddie you have made your vows and promised your lives to one another. I now invite you to seal your promises with your rings which are a sign of you love and commitment."

They take the rings from Chris and place them one each other's left ring fingers.

Bobby continues, "Evan and Eddie, by the power vested in me by the state of California I now pronounce you as one. You may kiss."

Buck and Eddie turn to each other and Eddie grabbed the back of Bucks neck while Buck grabbed Eddie's waist. Their lips met in a passionate and loving kiss that was not long enough for either of them. As they broke apart their families began cheering and clapping. They walked down the aisle together hand-in-hand.

The team held the reception in the loft, which was also beautifully decorated. They all ate, danced and laughed well into the night.

The next day Eddie and Buck dropped off Chris at Carla's' and left for their honeymoon. They were going to Hawaii for the week.