Chapter 3

Suddenly Buck snapped out of it and sprang into action. He barrel-rolled under the truck and crawled up trying to get to Eddie. He was panting and grunting Eddie's name as he clawed to get to him.

Buck reached Eddie in impressive time and grabbed his arm using all his strength to pull the man under the truck with him. Eddie screamed out in pain but Buck pressed on knowing they were running out of time.

"I got him!" Buck yelled and the rest of the firefighters yelled to get into the truck.

Buck hoisted Eddie up over his shoulder and laid him in the back of the truck. He yelled "GO, GO, GO!" and they were off.

Buck ripped Eddies shirt open and began applying pressure to his gunshot. Eddie came to at this point and looked up at Buck's red and tear-filled eyes.

"Are you hurt?" Eddie asked. It took Buck a millisecond to realize that his boyfriend was worried about him despite being shot. This was typical Eddie. Buck responded with a no and told him to hold on. "Stay with me Eddie" he shouted as he saw the man begin to fade.

Finally, they pulled up to the hospital and the staff rushed out to get Eddie. They immediately wheeled him into surgery and Buck was left alone. He got out his phone and called Hen. He needed her steadying voice right now.

"Hey Buckaroo" she answered.

"Hen" Buck gasped, tears beginning to fall. "It's uh its Eddie... um, h-he was shot" Buck managed to get out.

He heard Hen suck in a sharp breath and then she was asking a million questions. "What do you mean Buck? Where are you? What is going on?"

"We were on a call and suddenly we were being shot at and he got shot in his right shoulder." Buck explained. "Can you call everyone else? I need to go inside. He's in surgery". Buck finished.

Hen said a simple yea and hung up the phone.

20 minutes later

Bobby, Hen, Athena, and Chim arrived at the hospital and found a blood-stained Buck with his head in his hands. Bobby went over to him kneeling down in front of him and clasping a hand onto his shoulder.

Buck looked up with red eyes and slowly looked over at his team... his family. The rest had grimaces on their faces as they saw the blood on Bucks face. Before anyone could ask Buck explained.

"He was standing in front of me and then we heard the shot and he went down. I pulled him to safety and we got out of there while still being shot at. It was a sniper." Buck said.

At this, the rest of the team began to tear up and all sat down silently praying their teammate would be okay.

Bobby pulled Buck into a hug and Buck finally let everything go. He sobbed into Bobby's shoulder for some time. When he pulled back the team was eyeing him curiously. Sure, they know Buck and Eddie are close and they all love one another but they have never seen Buck like this.

Bobby pulled back as Chim spoke, "Buck he's going to be okay. You said it was his right shoulder. I am sure it will be fine."

"I know Chim, but I just.. I can't lose him." Buck responded. "I can't do this" Buck jumped up and startled the team. "There is something you guys should know because I can't hide it right now and I need support."

Hen spoke first, "Whatever you have to tell us Buck, you know we love you." The rest nodded in agreement.

Buck took a steadying breath and started. "Eddie and I, we're not just friends. We've... We've been dating since Christmas and well I-I love him." Buck ducked his head as he finished speaking not ready for their judgmental states.

The next thing he knew, Athena was hugging him hard, giving Buck the motherly approval he so craved.

Chim spoke first, "Buck that's great, we don't care, as long as you are both happy."

Buck nodded at him in thanks and then locked eyes with Bobby. Bobby simply chuckled surprising Buck and said, "Buck I know and I am very happy for both my boys."

Buck was astonished at his pseudo-father's response but gave him a small smile in return. He felt a weight lift off his shoulders and was so happy to finally be out to the team, even if the man he loves was currently in surgery.

After a few moments, Buck exclaimed, "Christopher, I-I need to tell him." He was shaking and Hen grabbed his hands to calm him. Buck looked her in the eyes and said, "I have to be the one to tell him."

Hen nodded and then told Buck that he needed to clean up and change first. Buck then remembered that he was covered in Eddie's blood. He gave an understanding nod and then walked out silently. Before he left though he turned back and Bobby just nodded and said, "I am not going anywhere and will call you immediately with any news." Buck thanked him and left.

Into the Fire with You On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara