Chapter 8

The next morning Buck woke up at 6am and slipped out of his and Eddie's room. This was a common occurrence when he stayed over so that Christopher would not see them sharing a bed. He usually dozed off on the couch for another hour or so, but this morning, he was too excited.

He could not wait to tell Chris about him and his dad and he knew in his heart that Chris would be happy for them.

Buck decided to make breakfast for his Diaz boys and got started on pancakes and bacon. He was just finishing the last pieces of bacon and flipping the last few pancakes when he felt hands snake around him from behind to rest on his stomach.

Eddie pecked him on his cheek and mumbled "good morning mi amor".

Buck grinned big in return and finished up the food. Two minutes later Christopher came walking in and smiled wide when he saw his Bucky and the yummy breakfast on the table.

The three sat at the table and began to dig in. After about 5 minutes of silence, Eddie began.

"Chris, Buck and I have something we want to discuss with you."

Chris looked between his dad and Buck and shrugged as he said "okay, what's up dad?"

Eddie shared a look with Buck and then started, "Well, you know that I loved your mom so much and even if I were to be with someone else, that does not diminish that." Chris nodded in understanding so Eddie continued. "Well buddy I have been seeing someone since Christmas and I wanted to share that with you because I really love them."

Before Eddie could continue Chris smiled and exclaimed, "Oh dad it's okay, and I know you love Bucky."

Buck and Eddie were astounded and Buck spoke first, "Uh Chris how did you know that your dad and I are dating?"

Christopher shrugged and said, "well why wouldn't you be, I mean you love each other, oh and also I have seen you guys kiss a few times. You're not very sneaky." Chris laughed and resumed eating.

Eddie had to ask still, "So buddy you're okay with this then? With me and Buck being together."

Chris giggled and said "Of course dad, you and Bucky are perfect for each other."

Buck had a megawatt smile and so did Eddie. They just stared; amazed at the boy and went back to eating their breakfast.

A few minutes later Buck's phone rang and he left the room to answer. Eddie and Chris began cleaning up the kitchen and were washing dishes when Buck returned.

"Well, that was Bobby and we are invited to little gathering at his house this afternoon." Buck exclaimed.

Eddie and Chris smiled and made approving noises while they finished up the dishes.

When they were done the three got dressed for the day and decided to watch a movie until the party. Buck and Eddie were cuddled together on the couch while Chris played on the floor. Buck thought that life could not be more perfect. He looked over at Eddie who appeared to be having the same thought and they shared a quick, but loving, kiss.

Time Skip: At Bobby and Athena's House

Buck, Eddie, and Chris arrived at Bobby's and saw that most everyone was there judging by the number of cars.

They walked up to the door and Chris knocked. Eddie grabbed Buck's hand and laced their fingers together. Buck almost pulled away when Athena opened the door but then remembered that they no longer had to hide. He smiled wide and they each hugged Athena.

As they walked inside, Chris made a beeline for Denny and Harry who were playing videogames.

Buck and Eddie were still holding hands as they came into the dining room and saw everyone. Suddenly, it got quiet and everyone smiled at them not missing their laced fingers. Maddie nodded approvingly.

"Okay guys we get it, we're adorable or whatever" Buck laughed and everyone resumed their conversations. Eddie just chuckled and pecked Buck on the lips before going to say hi to everyone.

As everyone sat around, ate, and talked they were the picture of a real family. Everyone was relaxed and happy, which was much deserved after the past weeks.

Buck was sitting on a lawn chair watching Eddie who was across the lawn when Maddie approached.

Maddie followed his line of sight and then smirked as she sat down next to her brother.

She began, "He's it huh?"

Buck looked at her confused and she continued, "Eddie, he's it for you. I can tell. I have never seen you like this Evan. I mean you two are constantly touching and if you aren't then you're watching each other. You really love him." She finished. It was a statement not a question as she knew her brother well.

Buck smiled and simply nodded not disagreeing with a single thing she said. "I'm happy for you little brother." She exclaimed. Buck muttered a thanks and gave his sister a quick hug.

Eddie then returned and immediately placed a hand on Buck's shoulder as if the time apart was too much to bare.

Buck took in the sight around him and felt genuine happiness. He had a family and an amazing partner. He knew this was it for him.