Complete Me: Chapter 36

Chapter 36

During her lunch break, Rose climbed up the back stairway to wake Cole from his nap. She hated that he only had about four hours of rest, but he said he didn't want to sleep all day. His apartment door was cracked open when she reached it, and peering inside, she saw that he slept peacefully with the sheets tangled around his bare legs.

Smiling to herself, she crept forward, quietly closed the door and kicked off her shoes before crawling into the bed beside him. He made no sound or movement at first, but as soon as she settled against his chest, his arms wrapped around her.

"Is it lunch time already?" he mumbled into her hair.

"How did you know it was me?" she said, laughing softly. "Anyone could have waltzed in here?"

"Only you smell like your namesake," he replied and nuzzled his mouth behind her ear. A cascade of shivers ran down her spine, followed by the warmth of his embrace. Rose giggled as Cole nibbled toward her neck and shifted his body so that he hovered over top of hers.

"How much time do you have?" he asked.

"A little less than an hour," she answered. "Why?"

"I want you."

"You just woke up!"

"Can't do this while I'm asleep, can I?" he said. His hand slipped up her thigh and under her skirt. "Is this okay?"

Rose loved how her skin heated along the path of his touch. She moaned, "Yes," and arched closer to him. "Are you sure you're not too tired?"

"Trust me," he said, trailing his lips down her throat and pulling at the waistband of her skirt. "I'm very awake."

And from there, he proceeded in the same fashion as the night before — clothes disappeared, his kisses paved a heated path southward, his mouth brought her to another wanton climax just before their bodies united, and they ended her lunch hour on a high note. And to the rumble of Rose's hungry stomach.

"Crap," Cole said, lying on his back to catch his breath. "Did we use up all your lunch break?"

Rose drifted down from her bliss. "It was worth it."

He rolled over and kissed her deeply. "I'll make you a quick sandwich while you get dressed." With a flip of the covers, he swung out of bed...then stopped. And stood there naked.

"What is it?" she asked.

He sighed. And returned to bed.

"No sandwich?" she asked next, confused.

"I'll still make you a sandwich," he said, "but I feel like I'm doing this wrong."

Rose raised her eyebrows. "I'm no expert, but I'm fairly sure you did everything right."

"No, I meant... I love being with you, Rose, but it's not just about the sex, and I don't want you to think that I'm rushing to get you out of here."

She blinked for a second and laughed softly. "Oh...I don't think that," she said.

He stared down into her eyes. "I know this is only our second time together, but I want you to know that I'm not that guy."

"Which guy?"

"The one that tells you he loves you just to get you in bed," he said.

He looked very serious, and Rose pinched her lips together to keep from smiling, because his words were ridiculous. She never truly believed that he was that guy — Jak did, and maybe Zack and Violet, but Rose didn't.