Chapter Twenty-Six

It's boring, but it's up.

----

The good witch pointed towards the ceiling. Mikko scooped her up and held her with one arm as he scaled the side of my home. I wanted to smack the look off her face. She looked at him with longing and he wasn't hissing at her about not being in a relationship.

When he put her down, she smiled widely and flirtatiously at him. I rubbed the pendant, recalling the words Clare had given me.

Maybe I could use it now. How did the words go?

"When did you get that?" Nikki asked, pulling my attention away from the roof. "It's beautiful."
I nodded and held it out for her to see. "It's new."

She smiled. Maybe she was happy that I got out of the house. "Where'd you get it? I want one."

"It's one of a kind." I offered her a shrug, sad that I couldn't give her a better answer. "I don't know where you can get one like it, but I'll keep an eye out for it."

She pursed her lips unhappily before looking at the woman on my roof. "You'd think that she'd be prettier for a witch. I heard they all steal away beauty from anyone who's prettier." I smiled as Nikki voiced my own thoughts.

"Don't start with your fairy tales," Mike shushed Nikki. "This one is actually a good witch. That doesn't mean she won't turn you into a frog."

I laughed at Nikki. "Mike wants you to be a frog."

She rolled her eyes. "Watch the witch."

I narrowed my eyes at her. "Maybe I don’t want to watch the witch." I looked back at the roof to see her chatting with Mikko. "They're awfully chatty up there," I grumbled.

Nikki gently nudged me. "Apparently Mikko's known her since she was born."

I scoffed and crossed my arms over my chest. "Mikko's so old he probably hung out with Michelangelo."

Mike tried, and failed, to stifle a laugh. Which in turn made Nikki and I have giggle fits... which we discovered was highly inappropriate once we were on the receiving end of 'the look' from several members of the pack.

We pulled ourselves together just in time for the witch to pull her show.

Mikko jumped off the (two story) roof without making much of a sound. He stayed near the house, probably incase the witch fell off.

Then I saw what all the protectors had been sad to miss out on. The woman started dancing... well, writhing would have been a better description of it. After a few minutes I was already bored with it, while everyone else around me watched in amazement. Even Nikki was entranced by it. Usually Nikki and I were mystified by the same things, but she couldn't take her eyes off of the woman.

Finn stood beside me, startling me a bit. "The white witch's ritual dance usually acquires a lot of attention."