Chapter Seven

Picture/Banner by VampireWolfSamantha! Thanks so much!

Anyone else who is good with that sort of thing, feel free to send them my way!

When I went to the lobby, it was empty. Nikki was the only one there and she wasn’t happy. She had a frown and was tapping her foot quickly and steadily. She had probably kicked everyone out of the room.

Then she looked at me and the anger simmered down a bit. It was probably because I was smiling.

“How’s the baby?”

"The babies are fine."

Her eyes narrowed as she looked at me suspiciously. "You said babies...ies."

I nodded with a huge smile. "I did say that didn't I."

She screamed and picked me up, twirling me around until I felt like I was going to hurl over everything in the immediate area.

When she put me down her smile slowly disappeared into a frown.

"What?" I couldn't get rid of my smile.

"Is Mikko the babies’ father?" Her tone was all business.

That question made my smile go away a bit as I looked down at the new ultrasound. "Yeah, I guess he is."

"What do you mean you guess?"

I shrugged and looked back into her eyes. They were still a little golden. "When we were together he said his name was Mac."

She sighed and nodded. "Werewolves as old as he is tend to have a couple of names they go by."

"As old as he is?" She looked towards the exit door. "How old is he Nikki?"

She looked back at me with hesitation. "All I know is that he's old. Like older than anyone we know."

I cringed. "I was afraid of that."

"Did you know he was a wolf when you slept with him?"

"No." I shook my head. "But I should have known that morning." I couldn't help but smile at the memory.

I could see the perverted question begging to come out of her mouth. I groaned and opened up the door to the infirmary. "Go ahead. I know you're dying to ask."

She let out a nervous chuckle. "I've always been curious. He's probably experienced and he's always so confident when I see him."

I felt my cheeks heat up as I thought about it. "He's good."

She smiled teasingly at me. "That blush says better than good."

The sunlight hurt my eyes for a second before they adjusted. I never noticed before the light difference inside the infirmary.