Chapter Three

A/N:: If you don't know who to vote for in the Watty Awards for Best Male Character, vote for @Maya_2011 character Kaden in Dragon's Treasure! Read it! It's good! Also! Vote for Lexi (Starting Over) for Best Female Character if you haven't voted for someone!

Now enjoy the story!

The picture was made by Maya_2011!

I was beyond nervous when I pulled up to Nikki’s house. I wasn’t so naïve to believe that she wouldn’t have tried to get in contact with me last night. She had  probably called multiple times. If she got desperate enough, she’d go over to my house to look for me.

As customary, I didn’t knock when I walked into Nikki’s house. Her car was in the driveway, so I knew she was home, but I couldn’t hear her anywhere. I slammed the door and waited for the scurrying to tell me that someone was coming to chew me out.

That didn’t happen.

“Guess she’s not home.” I muttered to myself as I walked to the shower. I took a nice and long one because I knew that Nikki would be home when I got out. Her neighbors are the biggest snoops I’ve ever met. They would’ve called her when I walked into the house.

I hung my dress to dry in the shower stall when I finished. I had to get Mac’s scent off of the dress so Nikki couldn’t scent him. I didn’t want to give him the headache if she ever happened to come across him.

I put on the brand new clothes I bought on my way here and braided my wet hair.

Nikki was waiting in the living room, pacing when I walked in. Her eyes narrowed on me, but she kept pacing. Mike sent me an amused smile.

“How long’s she been at it?” I motioned to Nikki's pacing, jokingly.

Nikki’s glare turned deadly and she stopped moving.

“Do you know how long I looked for you last night?!” She was practically screaming.

I rolled my eyes and sat down on the couch. “I’m allowed to go out at night without you.”

She shook her head. “You should’ve told me! I was worried you’d gone and done something stupid!”

“Like what?”

She shot Mike an exasperated look. He just shrugged and smiled at her, which made her even more furious. “I don’t know Emily! You’ve been so off the radar lately.”

“I told you she’d be fine.” Mike held onto Nikki’s hand. “You’re overreacting.”

She pulled her hand out of his grasp harshly.

“Look.” I adjusted my position on the couch so I was sitting on my feet. “I needed a night out. You’re both busy with your pack stuff. I know this arrangement with Eddy is all fun and exciting to you. I just needed a night off.”

“I thought you’d run away… or worse.”

“Worse?” I asked confused, but then it clicked when Nikki’s eyes softened. “You think I’d kill myself because Eddy left me?!” I yelled hysterically as rage shot through my system.

Nikki exchanged a sad look with Mike. “I was just worried.”

I jumped off the couch, right up in her face. “You think I’m that desperate? You think I could kill myself because Eddy has mated someone else. You must think I’m pretty pathetic if you think I’m capable of that.”

I turned on my heel and went to the bathroom. I threw my dress in the new clothes bag and headed out the door. Nikki got in my way.

“I’m sorry!” She looked sorry. “I was just so worried.”