Chapter 3: Excuses...Excuses

CHAPTER 3-Excuses...Excuses

"Wwww...aaaa..iii..ttttt....what? Take me home now!" I said, already sobbing hard enough I couldn't get enough air into my lungs.

"It...it's not what you think!" He made no move to turn the Ferrari around.

I was sad. I was angry. I wanted to scream. "Really? Then what is it Justin? Hm? Don't you even think about telling me that. Stop lying! You don't love me anymore. I would love to, just for once, hear the truth! " My face was hot and I was hurting . 

And just like that, I turned into a little girl again. I became vunerable. Just like that I was the little innocent child my parents did everything they could to protect. I wanted my mom and dad. I wanted to go home!

 "Katy, I have told you nothing but the truth. Do you think our relationship has been a lie? Because I certainly don't think so." he looked at me, awaiting the answer.

"I don't know Justin. You can't just break up with me. Just like that," I snapped my fingers. "And you did. What do you want me to think? This doesn't look good to me Justin. It makes me look like a rag doll in your toy room." I looked at him as tears rolled down my cheeks. "And I am not your rag doll."

"Please let me explain before you get all worked up about this. Just let me explain something to you."

After a minute had passed, he still had not said a word.

"I am obviously not going anywhere." I snapped.

"I'm going on a year-long tour soon after I officially sign with Usher and I gotta concentrate on my young career."

More waiting. I assume he was thinking before speaking.

"And Scooter and my mom both agree I shouldn't have a girl in my life."

"What? So you can go show your MJ moves on the dance floor? So you can bring in more quota?"

He cringed. "I can't believe you would say something like that! Just for now I need to be single."

"So you can bring more money in. Because every girl wants to have a chance to sleep with you. It's okay. Whatever."

"I am just starting out on this new journey in my life and my mom insists it, eh, you., I guess females in general, will mess it all up. I can't have emotional distractions in the mix with my career. Don't get me wrong, I love you. But my mom is my mom, and my new manager is my new manager."

"Please take me home now. Watch your speed." I said softly. I will admit  that I felt bad for yelling at him earlier, but honestly I had no idea what else to say.

"Ight." Justin said sadly. "I mean in a way they are right, but in another they aren't. They don't know what you're like." Justin said smiling a little.

Bhzzzz! Bhzzzz! "Damn! In all this drama I forgot to call my mom to let her know where I was going!"

I answered the phone. "Mom! Hey! Something came up with Justin. I will explain myself when I get home and I am on my way. Yeah. Okay. Bye."

I tried to mask the pain I was feeling. Is this normal? But you see, I was hurting more and more every second, every time I took a breath, I hurt, because I smelled him, and his Abercrombie cologne.

My whole body hurt. I felt that if I cried, I would shatter into a million pieces.

And my parents are going to freak out when I get home. Great.

Why me? More importantly, why now?

I didn't want excuses. I didn't want his lies, or his smart remarks. Or any of his crap. I wanted the explanation. Straight to the point, no uh or um. Just the truth. How hard is that to ask for?

Since when did the truth become so hard to find in this field of lies and denies?