∞ Chapter 10 ∞

As people calm down and catch their breath at the border to which Lasenda didn't make it to, the alarm stops.
D.G runs over to her not having made it either.
She looks up to him in confusion. "What was that?" she whispered.
"What do you mean ?" He asks. "Did you see something?"
Valentina walks up from behind both of them. "Were you two the only ones who didn't make it past the border ?" She asks.
They both take a moment and look down in shame and nod their heads slightly.
"Great!" Valentina yelps.
They look at her confusingly. "Great?" they ask.
"Last time it was like 10" she says smiling. "It's decreasing."
She waves her hand in the air and the people who past the border walk back into Dreamless Territory.
"WHAT'S DECREASING? WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT ? WHAT WAS THIS ? LIKE A TEST?" Lasenda yelps in anger.
"No. It wasn't a test." Valentina answers. "The way the Chap-surge is supposed to be played out is when you run," she explains.
She looks at them at sighs. "When you run, you remember. Memories begin to come back."
Lasenda wonders, "why wou-"
"Why would you have to run past the border and why would an alarm go off when you can just run randomly?" she interrupts. "Yeah I know. It just has to be this way. It doesn't work any other way." she says. "Trust me."
Lasenda looks at her awkwardly. "Okay." she says. "I trust you."
"Yeah. Well. I uh- I need to go now so." says Valentina. "Got a lot of stuff to do you know?" She sighs.
Valentina takes a deep breath and walks off slowly as D.G and Lasenda stay cluttered with many questions pounding against their skulls.
Lasenda turns to D.G. "There are so many questions I have."
D.G starts walking off as well. "And there's just too many to find an answer to all."