∞ Chapter 2 ∞

She flaps her eyelids open and looks left to right .. she sees nothing. Just darkness.

She stands up on her feet and brushes off the dirt on the back of her skinny jeans.

"Umm .. hello .. ?" She says cautiously, "anyone there?"

Silence.

She steps to her right waving her arms in front of her like a blind person would for she coudnt see anything the room was too dark and runs into a wall she touches it with her fingers lightly. Its wet. Not slimy. Just wet. She caresses it up and down ..

"Am I in a tunnel ?" She thinks out loud.

She removes her hand and steps away to her left and runs into an arm and what felt like a warm body with clothes over. She jumps back.

Somebody was standing right next to her ..

She gasps in fright and stares at the figure with eyes wide open but then relaxes a bit. "Mom.. ?"

"Oh no I'm not your mother", the body says chuckling. It's a woman.

She then returns scared. "Then who the hell are you ?!", She says in fright.

"No need to use such language", She says.

"Just .. ugh", she says stammering, "Tell me who you are and where I am I have like absolutely no memory of this ! What happened ?!"

"Wow seems like you don't remember being here before."

"Uh yeah, that's because I haven't ! Why tf would i ever be in a tunnel ?!"

"You've been here before dear, don't tell me you forgot." She says calmly.

"Forgot what ?! I've never been here before !"

The woman says nothing as if she was waiting for her to remember.

She thinks for a moment and looks around.

"Have I ever been in a tunnel before?" She thinks to herself. "Wait a minute .." it hits her like a ton of bricks to her memory.

She was only 7 years old when she had had her first dream & her last. It was the only dream she ever had. Before that nothing. After that nothing.

She dreamnt of being in a tunnel.

This tunnel.

With a woman.

This woman.

It was dark and she screamed for help. The woman was there the whole time watching her, she approached her and pointed to the end of the tunnel. It was a door. It was brown and textured with swirly lines around it like branches. The handle was designed as a black infinity sign.

"Where am I ?" she had said.

"I'll tell you later", the woman said.

"Later ?" She asked.

"Well your gonna come back."

"Why ?" She was confused.

"Cause' you were meant to", She answered. "Just when you come back, make sure to remember this place"

".. okay", she promises.

"Because next time when you come here .. you'll go through that door"

"Okay.. but-"

"Don't forget me, don't forget this tunnel" she says interrupting her question. "Don't dream, ... & I'll see you later dear."

"But wait !" she yelps.

And she was gone. And she woke up.

She remembers now. She looks up to the woman still standing there and with the littlest faintest light she could use she saw a smile on her face.

"I remember", she says," Who are you ?"

"My names Valentina, Lasenda" She answers.

"How do you know my name ?" Lasenda asks.

"Well you told me" She explains. "When you first came here."

Lasenda thinks for a second, "Right." She remembers. "So uh are we gonna go through that door now or what ?" She says looking over to the end of the tunnel.

There it was. The door from her dream when she was little. There was a ring of light around the doors edges. Something bright was behind that door.

"We shall", Valentina says as she leads the way.

Lasenda follows.

They finally reach the door and Valentina stops before the door and turns around to face Lasenda. "Are you ready?" She asks.

Lasenda stares "Yeah .. just .." She stops. "Am I dead ?" She blurts out.

She shakes her head. "No" She looks down, "Your not dead."

Lasenda exhales not even knowing she was holding her breath in the first place.

"But your not exactly alive either." She says looking back up.

Lasenda stares.

"Your in a coma" She explains.

Lasenda continues staring. "Oh" is all she can say. "But I don't remember anything."

"You remembered your dream"

"Right." She says. "It'll come to me later I guess."

Valentina nods as she turns around once again to face the door and places her hand on the infinity signed handle. "You ready?" She asks once more.

Lasenda nods.

Valentina smiles as she stares at the expression on Lasendas face as she turns the handle and pushes the door open saying "Welcome to Dreamless" She smiles. "We've been expecting you."

Lasenda stares wide eyes with awe beyond the door as her jaw drops.

Valentina just loved watching the expressions on new faces of those who first lay their eyes on their new life, for who knows how long.