Chapter 06

"Are you sure you're okay?" Onyx asked as we entered the hall.

I gave him a weak smile. "Yes, Onyx. I'm fine."

I tightened my grip on his arm to reassure him. He simply smiled back and said nothing.

I looked around and noticed that there were posters of me all over the place.

This is my farewell party, and only my close friends and colleagues are invited. Just the people I know are in here. There are no paparazzi or anything like that. Maraming tao ang nandito ngayon, pero hindi naman masyado. Just enough to keep the place occupied.

This party has a semi-formal theme with a touch of a night out party. Gusto ko kasi 'yong ganitong party na hindi masyadong seryoso. Gusto ko light lang 'yong vibe at lahat ng mga kaibigan ko ay mag-eenjoy. The men are often dressed semi-formally, while the women are dressed for a night out in their most daring outfits.

I slowly realized that this is going to be the last time I'm hanging out with all of them. Of course, I will miss all of my friends here. May pinagsamahan din naman kaming lahat sa loob ng dalawang taon.

After the program and my farewell speech, the real party started. The crowd became wild. There are alcoholic beverages everywhere, and the music is extremely loud. It seems like the hall has been totally turned into a night club. I don't mind though. Masaya nga akong nag-eenjoy ang mga kaibigan ko e.

"Prim! Krieger!" Cindy shouted as she approached Onyx and me at the table.

She is wearing a chain embellished cowl neck backless red dress with lace-up gold block heels. Her outfit is seductive, and it fits her well! It's a little too revealing though. Hindi naman na ako nagulat. Ganyan talaga manamit si Cindy.

Minsan pa nga ay tinuturuan niya akong maging hubadera!

"You're quite early for the party, Pieterse," Onyx said with sarcasm.

"Shut up, Krieger." Cindy frowned and rolled her eyes.

I chuckled. "The party is almost over, Cinds. Where have you been? I told you not to arrive late."

"C'mon, Cai! The party is far from over. I'm just in time." She took a seat next to me. "I had to do some... monkey business first." Shen then gave me a wink.

Napailing si Onyx. "Stubborn," he murmured.

Hindi ako masyadong uminom kahit na pinipilit ako ni Cindy. Hindi ako pwedeng malasing sa sarili kong party 'no! Lumalapit 'yong iba ko pang mga kaibigan sa table namin para kausapin ako, kaya hindi talaga ako dapat malasing para makausap ko sila ng maayos.

Someone approached our table once again. "Hey, Cassidy."

"Oh, Aeva!" I instantly stood up, and we gave each other a peck on the cheeks. "Are you having fun? Thank you for attending my farewell party, by the way."