Do You Know Eva- Chapter Five

* Hey you guys, just a quick message before you read this chapter. There is quite a few things in this chapter that might offend some people, so I am just saying sorry now. And if you think this chapter should be changed, please just comment below. I hope you like it, and trust me the story does get happier. 

Thanks Ya'll for Reading! :D                                                                                                                                        Shaun, 

Do You Know Eva?

-Chapter Five-

- Blood on her Sleeve –

I guess it is official now, right? I mean we did kiss. Isn’t that like a ‘thing’? The first kiss. My first kiss. I pull open the door to my father’s car. The rain continues to fall, heavily. I told Jessica to wait for me in the abandoned house.

“Honey?” Rick says.

“Dad. I’m sorry, but I am not going to Boston with you.”

He smiles.

“It’s okay honey. But if you ever need me, here is my number.” He passes me a business card that reads ‘Rick Masters- Boston Bishop Lawyers’.

“You're a lawyer?”

“Ha-ha, yes I am. Do you want me stay until Friday?”

“No. You can go. Your family is waiting.”

“Okay, Eva. I guess this is goodbye then.” I lean in and hug him goodbye. “I never stopped thinking of you, Eva. And I will never forgive myself for leaving you.”

“It’s okay dad. I forgive you.”

“I’ll see you soon Eva.”

“Yeah. C’ya dad!”

I close the door and watch as the he drives away, out of my life once again. I turn to face the old house. Inside the most amazing girl ever awaits for me. I run towards the house and enter to see her standing in the hallway. She looks like a zombie.

“What's wrong Jessica?”

“Eva, I have to go.” She says her hands over her head.

“What?”

“I need to think. Oh god, what have I done? Eva, I am really confused. I am sorry.”

“Jessica Andrews! Don’t you walk away from me!”

She leaves the house and stands in the rain. She takes one look back at me before running away. Why is it that everyone walks away on me? Scott, my dad and now Jessica.

Maybe I should just give her a little space, some time to get used to this situation.

The rain finally ceases. I begin the walk home. I didn’t even realize the time, 10:24 pm. Mom will be wondering where I am, or not. Depends on how much she has drunk today.

I enter the house.

“Get in here now Evangeline Lynch!”

I sigh.

Jessica walks slowly home, contemplating her kiss with Eva. She is so confused. She likes Eva. She really likes Eva. She stops and turns back and begins to walk towards Eva’s house. She made a mistake walking away on Eva. She knows that.

“What mum?” I say to Susan, after I entered the sitting room.

“Don’t ‘what mum’ me, young missy! I told you I wasn’t finished talking to you about your father!” She stands up, dropping a few empty beer cans onto the floor that were nestled on the couch. She walks out into the kitchen. I follow her.

Jessica draws closer to Eva’s house. She has something to tell her, she needs to tell her. She is sorry for the way she acted; she wants to be with her.

“Your father was a pig!”

“Yes mum, you told me.”

“Why was he here?” She asks, grabbing her cigarettes and lighter from the counter top.

“He wanted me to come to Boston with him, for a new start.”

“And why would he want that? You are perfectly fine here.”

“Pffft, perfectly fine! Mother, I tried to kill myself… Twice! I am far from fine here. If it wasn’t for Jessica I would have left your pathetic, drunk ass here alone!”

I regret saying that all ready. A surge of emotions build up within me.

“Is that right? Do you not think I am fair to you?” She asks, almost sarcastically. “Do you not consider me to be a ‘good’ mother?”

“No, mother. You are great.” I reply, trying to ease her down.

“Don’t you lie to me Evangeline!”

“Eva!” I correct her, another mistake.

“What?” She shouts, her voice reaching a new high.

“My name is Eva.”

Jessica reaches Eva’s house. She stands right outside the gate. She considers returning home and just talking to Eva tomorrow. NO! She has to do this now! It’s now or never.

“Don’t you raise your voice to me! I had enough of that from your father!”

“Well maybe if you weren’t so cold hearted, he wouldn’t have left you! But you know what, at least he escaped!”

“You bitch.”

“No ‘mom’ you are the bitch! I hate you! I despise you! You treat me like crap. Do you ever listen to yourself when you talk? Or are you too drunk?”

“… just like your father…”

“My father is a great man.”

“… bad girl…”

“Your not even worth the tears.” I turn my back on her and begin to walk away. I knew I had taken things to far there, but she will forget about all of this by morning. I can hear her breath as I exit the kitchen into the cold dark living room. I stop when I hear the floor creak behind me. The lights are off, it’s dark. Another creak. Suddenly I feel cold air against my neck which sends shivers down my spine and I realize she is standing behind me. I freeze with fear. I begin to feel beads of cold sweat running down my face. I start to shake.

“Filth…” She whispers in my ear. I turn to face her. Even in the pitch dark, I can see the evil in her eyes. We stand there for a few moments, starring into each others eyes. She can sense my fear. I want to move, but I am too scared.

“I am leaving now.” I say to her. Her lips curl, her cheeks tighten.

I turn around and take a step forward.

Then, a huge bolt of pain in my back arrives. It stings, makes me drop to my knees. I feel warm blood running down my back. What has she done? I fall onto my side. My vision becomes blurry but I can make out my mothers silhouette standing before me.

“Filth… just like your father!” She takes a look at my squirming body on the ground. She spits on me before grabbing her coat from the banister and opening the door, leaving her only daughter, alone on the ground, with a knife, stuck in her back.

Jessica walks towards Eva’s house. She comes to the door but before she can knock, the door swings open revealing Susan, Eva’s mother.

“Oh. Is Eva here?” Jessica asks.

“Evangeline is inside.” Susan says, taking a puff from her cigarette. Susan walks away leaving the door open. Jessica thought she saw what looked like blood on her sleeve.

Those arms. Why aren’t they saving me now? Now, when I need saving. Blood continues to pour from my back. I muster all the strength I have to try and grab the knife but I am unsuccessful. Just before I fall out of consciousness I hear the sound of a girl, screaming my name.

Where are my rescuers arms? I need saving.

I don’t want to die.