1

"Toya-kun, why do you hate heroes so much?"

"I don't hate them, per se. I hate my dad. You're the reason why I don't completely hate them."

"Toya, don't say such sad things!"

"Oi! I'm being serious, you stupid skunk!"

"I'm being serious, too, jerk!!"

"Listen up, brat. I don't hate nor like them, you see...Y/N, we are all born equal. People are not born heroes or villains; They're created by the people around them. We choose to walk the path of forgiveness, or the path of vengeance. It is all up to us."

"So, you chose-..."

"Forgiveness. And that's all thanks to you, angel."

"How about villains? I don't think they're all bad."

"Why do you say that?"

"Toya-kun like you said: Villains are created by the people around them. They're created from the pain of their past. Sometimes they do bad things to get their story across. They just need... saving before they do the bad stuff."

"Yeah, you're right, y/n, Heroes always rescue the weak. Heroes will help their own, but who saves the villains? People only start caring...when it's too late. Too late to even start a new life because they've already done the unthinkable, so they can't make a good life for themselves."

"Well, yeah. You can't make a new life out of sunshine and rainbows when you're in prison for murder."

I'll never forget his words; they penetrated my way of thinking. Thinking back on it now...they were almost painful. It makes my heart ache when I think about all his words...when I think about him.

***

I spent days with a kid that is going to transfer into the same classroom as I am. Hitoshi, Shinso. 18, almost 19. I, myself am 19...almost 20. We're close in age. He has hair a shade of dark blue, Indigo, that could be mistaken for purple, in the dark. Under the sun, it's almost a pastel blue. Always looks like he just got out of bed with 2 hours of sleep. Bed hair, messy – like Aizawa-Sensei, but shorter. His dark eye circles are probably my favorite thing about his appearance.

He's about 6 feet, that's way taller than me. I'm 5'1. His teeth are pretty. I catch a glimpse when he's having a conversation with Aizawa-Sensei. When I look at both Aizawa and Shinso, I really think they could be father and son. They even have the same attitude, same aura to them. They even, almost have the same physical appearance.

The first time I met Shinso, he was quiet but respectful. I was lost walking through the UA gate, I look like I'm from another world, this feels like another world.

"Do you need help? You look kinda lost." The blue-haired boy said from a few feet away, with his hands in his sweat-pant pockets.

I jumped up in place, straightening my back from being hunched over, "Uh- actually, yes, please. I'm looking for Mr. Aizawa's office."

Confused as to why I'm looking for Aizawa-Sensei, "Mr...Aizaw...~?" he whispered under his breath, barely enough for me to hear him.

"Yes, Aizawa-Sensei, I have a meeting with him, do you know where his office is?"

She heard me?

"Yes, actually I was just headed there myself." He scratched his head.

"Oh my god! That's great, I hope you don't mind me tagging along." I said, a little too overjoyed. I was relieved I wouldn't be alone.