SIX

content warning: minor suicidal ideation, self-deprecation, depressive behavior, mentions of eating disorder, possessive behavior, controlling family

Taehyung stomped back and forth in his private room, a sort of office with a comfortable dark blue velvety couch that could turn into a makeshift bed. It had been his bedroom for the past couple of weeks, and right now it looked like a mess. The tut of the ongoing unpicked phone call playing in his ear like a tell-tale of how deeply he had fucked up.

He knew he should have talked with Jungkook that day he appeared without warning, even if for a bit. He felt guilty for acting angry upon seeing him there, when he explicitly told him some shady stuff was going around the warehouse that he didn't want Jungkook to know nothing about. He was just trying to protect him, but he was also tense for the upcoming events of that night.

It was an important race that could set their scores with the Japanese his father was trying to make business with. At the end, it all went extremely well and he wanted to make amends with Jungkook, but the boy was ignoring his calls and texts.

For that day, Taehyung let it go because he knew Jungkook could be mad at him. Taehyung really should've talked to him, assured him some more. He knew how the boy was extremely fragile that day and Taehyung's attitude most certainly fucked things up a bit. 

Yet, he was still confident that Jungkook would forgive him, if they just talked. But the thing is that Jungkook was still avoiding him, and he hasn't been to classes that day either. 

Something was off, and Taehyung was getting desperate.

"Fucking hell!" Taehyung grunted in a low contained yell, tossing his phone towards the couch to smother the impact, but having the gadget bounce and consequently fall on the floor either way.

"He's still not picking up your calls?" Yoongi asked, entering the room after passing by and seeing the state his best friend was in.

"No." Taehyung sighed, picking up his phone from the floor, noticing a new small crack that he chose to ignore, and opening Instagram. 

"He's not even posting anything on his account since yesterday. He doesn't miss a day of posting stories or doing Lives." He frowned, refreshing the profile countlessly, as if it would make magically something appear.

"You even stalk him..." Jimin, who was also passing by and heard the talk, mumbled to himself, words that didn't pass by Taehyung's ears. 

Jimin entered the room and closed the door from prying ears, watching attentively as Taehyung scrolled up and down Jungkook's profile. 

"You're obsessed with this kid."