TWO

content warning: mild stalking, intimidation, little bit of brat and dom dynamics but very subtle

Jungkook ran out of his classes and through the hallways of his college, ignoring the pleading calls of his friends. Or should I say bodyguards disguised as mere college students? Because yeah, their parents were so controlling of Jungkook's whereabouts, that he had to have his bodyguards with him all the time.

Well, not that his parents really cared where Jungkook was, they just didn't want him to be alone. And that seemed really caring, but that was far from the truth. They were just so used to Jungkook running away, that now they wanted to make sure that even if he ran away, he wouldn't turn out at the ends of people trying to use him as a bargain coin for the Jeons' money, as it happened before.

The good side of the bodyguards was that they were really Jungkook's friends. In fact, they were the only friends he really had, plus the cook at his house, Kim Seokjin. The three workers were the only ones that really cared about him, and loved him; the ones that saw through him and were there for him, for everything.

And right now they were trying to prevent him from going after his ex-boyfriend. It had been almost two weeks since he last saw Mingyu. 

Rumor was that he had to travel to Japan with some friends and had only returned now. But the mean gossip said that he had already moved on. Still, Jungkook needed confirmation, which he got when he finally spotted Mingyu, sucking faces with another guy.

Jungkook couldn't tell exactly what he felt. He was sad, but not heartbroken, he felt something ugly inside, but it wasn't jealousy. It was something akin to self-pity, a feeling replacement, a most of all insecurity, the thought of 'I'm not enough' running through his mind.

"He's not worthy, bun, let's go," Hoseok said, putting a hand on maknae's sagged shoulders. 

A pout formed on his lips in response to the image in front of him and he turned around, guided by his hyung, hearing the thundering laughs behind him, like everyone was laughing at him.

Jungkook walked out of college with his head down. He felt dejected and unwanted, but that was something he was pretty much used to. 

Being the youngest of his family was like being unimportant. His parents never put much expectation on him since they had other two kids to be the perfect kids, letting Jungkook do what he wanted. 

They never cared if Jungkook didn't have good grades, or if he was causing trouble at school, or even if he was being bullied with words and actions. It never got physical, because everyone feared the Jeons enough to not leave visible marks on Jungkook, but still, their words and gossip were harmful enough.