THREE

The familiar black bike roared as it approached the entrance of the university building. It got Jungkook feeling some type of way. The same way Taehyung had made him feel since day one: curious, excited, but still fearful.

Namjoon huffed by his side. Neither he nor his other two hyungs were one bit happy by Jungkook's intentions on going forward with his plans, nor the outcomes of his 'friendship' with a sketchy guy.

That same morning, in between classes while they went for a run for beverages, his bodyguards cornered Jungkook with questions and intended purpose to make him back away. They were still threading in thin ice after the questions Jungkook made after they left the café, afraid to make him doubt himself and his own worth.

"It's not worth putting your life in danger just to spite your family." Namjoon carefully brought the topic up after Jungkook told them he was going to have lunch with Taehyung out of the campus.

"I'm not stupid, hyung." Jungkook huffed, rolling his eyes. 

If anything, Taehyung being a gangster would only drive him off quicker. His family would have a field day of reasons to not want that kind of man with their maknae.

"I never said you were."

"Then trust me."

"It's not you I don't trust, Jungkook. We don't know the guy." Jungkook let out an elongated breath, swirling the ice of his blue lemonade with the straw while he put his thoughts in order.

"We should give people a chance to prove themselves. I have a good feeling about him." He muttered, loud enough to be heard.

Namjoon let out a louder sigh, eyes rolling back, which made Jungkook more desperate for his approval; after all, his hyungs' opinions are more important than his family's. Jungkook whined and grabbed Namjoon's arm, flipping his pleading eyes between him and Hoseok.

"The moment I sense I'm not safe anymore, I'll tell you. Besides, I'll have you by my side all the time." Namjoon couldn't resist Jungkook's puppy eyes. He tried to seek Hoseok's help, but he just shrugged.

"I feel like my death is approaching fastly." The driver mumbled to himself, although it didn't escape the maknae's ears.

"I would never put you in danger on purpose. I know it might seem reckless on my part, but I feel like he could be a good friend." He spoke with honesty; he wanted them to understand his side, and trust his judgment.