ONE

content warning: break-up, name-calling, emotional abusive siblings, manipulation, use of guns for intimidation

A breakup is always hard, being consensual or not, it always leaves a bittersweet taste in the aftermath, but the bluntness of rejection is harder; it tastes sour, harder to swallow

A breakup is always hard, being consensual or not, it always leaves a bittersweet taste in the aftermath, but the bluntness of rejection is harder; it tastes sour, harder to swallow. Jungkook held Mingyu's arm, eyes pleading and teary, trying to make the boy stay.

"You promised" he mumbled, lips wobbling as Mingyu pulled his arm abruptly of Jungkook's hold.

"I'm sorry, Jungkook, but you're not worthy of my efforts!" The harsh words felt like a cold slap against wet skin, it was sharper.

Jungkook looked down, knees pressed together, and feet turned inwards, thumbing the back of his other hand until he felt the skin pull and become bruised. He felt his breathing picking up as tears welled up under his eyelids. 

Jungkook was trying his best to hold them back while he heard his boyfriend - or should we call him ex-boyfriend now? - snap at him after a failed family dinner. Jungkook should be used to this by now, but attachment was something easy for him to quickly grow used to, so being suddenly tugged from his comfort felt glacial.

"You say your family is mean and manipulative, that they make your life a living hell, but all I saw was a circus and I was the clown." Mingyu spat with scorn, wrath rising and coloring his skin red.

Jungkook could see his sister peeking from the corner of the room, from his peripheral vision; his body trembled, and an angry frown creased under his bangs in response. Jeongyeon was giggling behind her hand, but as much as Jungkook wanted to run towards his noona and push her in vexation, Mingyu was still there, going off on him.

"They find pleasure in destroying your relationships like it's just a hobby, and you keep feeding their entertainment, like the spoiled little brat you are! You don't love me and never will." Jungkook looked up with an offended and surprised countenance, eyes wide and brows falling close.

"Gyu, that's not true, I-"

"All I am is a toy, a means to an end," Mingyu spoke over him, raising a hand to stop Jungkook from spewing excuses he didn't want to hear.

His eyes were not even facing the younger Jeon, breathing shakily as he tried to finish his discourse. But for his next words, Mingyu made sure to turn his face and raise his eyes, a sharp, cutting gaze full of rage, sending Jungkook into submission.