Chapter 28

The only Heaven I'll be sent to
Is when I'm alone with you
I was born sick, but I love it
-Hozier

Octavia POV

The next morning I made sure I was up and downstairs on time. The last thing I need is to piss off a already pissed off alpha. He hasn't seen me since our unexpected kiss, and I don't think I'll be seeing him anytime soon.

As I make my way down the stairs, the present aroma of breakfast hits my nose. My stomach lets out a loud growl, I guess I forgot how hungry I actually was.

What I was expecting to be a tiny cafeteria, turned out to be a massive great hall filled with tables. A delicious display of food on each one, towers of waffles, every kind of fruit and piles of meat.
Eyes carefully watching me, as I approach a table that has yet to be claimed. I sit down and begin to fill my plate high with food. As I begin to devour the spread before me, a voice interrupts from behind.

"You're in my spot newbie" I hear a disgruntled voice bark at me.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know, it's my first time in here" I reply.
His eyes starting daggers into my head, any second and I'm sure I'll burst into flames.

"Don't mind him, he's just cranky when he doesn't get his carb intake" a soft voice comes from behind him.
Stepping into view comes a beautiful she-wolf with dark auburn hair, her eyes glistening as she speaks to me.
"I'm Mikiyla, and this rough beast is Nikolai, my mate. He's not as bad as he seems. What's your name newbie" she smiles, holding out a hand for me to shake

"I'm Octavia, they brought me in a couple of days ago, from the woods" I reply, nervously taking her hand.

"Ahh, so you're the new talk of the town. Well, don't worry O, you'll fit right In here. Some of them may look scary, but don't worry. The bark is worse than the bite" she laughs, taking a seat next to me.

I turn back to my food, trying not to make eye contact with the new pack members sitting next to me. I'm sure I won't be here long anyway, so there is no point on making acquaintances.

"Girl, you don't have to be shy. I promise that I won't bite you. Call me Miki, I can tell we are going to be good friends" she says, bumping my shoulder to try ease the tension.

Apprehensively, I smile at her. Scared to even think about someone being my friend. The last time someone was kind to me, they had their throat cut In front of me. I know this place is different from my last pack, but I'm just not ready to trust they won't kill me. For now I'll play the part, and see how this unfolds.

"If you need anything at all, I'm the girl for the job" Miki rambles while filling her plate up.
"Nikolai is one of the strongest warriors we have, and of course my personal body guard. As long as I'm here, nothing will happen to you under our watch"
Isn't that right babe, poking Nikolai in his side. Which, I'm positive didn't even phase this large beast of a man.

What kind of wolves do they grow here

A small smile crosses his face, as she leans up to kiss his cheek. Honestly, she's no bigger than his arm, barely bigger than myself. This tiny woman controlling a beast like him, a giggle escapes my lips.

"I know what you're thinking, how did I end up with him. Well, you can't fight the mate bond that's for sure. I was just minding my own business, eating in this very room when the scent hit me. I was born here but Nik came from a rouge pack. My eyes locked on to his, and the rest was history. Now my big cuddly bear can't get enough of me" she giggles as he possessively wraps an arm around her.

For a second my mind shoots to Damion, wondering if he's ever going to face me again but this time with that dreaded rejection I'm expecting.