Chapter 12

I'm in a mental hospital with a crystal ball
Tryna see, will I still be like this tomorrow?
-Eminem

⚠️⚠️graphic content⚠️⚠️
⚠️⚠️triggers⚠️⚠️

The dampness of the basement seems thicker today.

It's been a week since Juda locked me down here.

After he returned from the woods, he went Jessica and announced to everyone that she was his mate. No one questioned. Minds were wondering what the fiasco with me was about. Jessica didn't care that she wasn't the destined mate, just as long as she got the position in the end.

In 3 days they will have their ceremony where he will mark her before the pack and they will start a new Alpha mind link for everyone. He will officially take over as our new Alpha.

Im not really sure what is said during the mind linking times, as they've never included me.

"Octavia" I heard Atia say.

Hmm..

"We are going to leave this place. But you need to get stronger. You have to trust me. If we stay here much longer, I don't know how long I can protect you"

I will try Atia, but I'm so worthless. You should probably just leave me too. You are so strong and beautiful, you deserve a better human. I'm sorry for being a failure.

"Octavia, don't you ever say things like that again. You have no idea the things you are capable of. You just need to trust me and soon. You will see. Everything that is happening will just make you stronger. You can't let it break you. We have to fight, together"

Together, I thought.

Such a wonderful word.
I'll do everything I can for Atia.

I will fight.

BANG

The door flew open. A dark ominous cloud hovering on the silhouette of a man. Then the piercing emerald eyes locked with mine and I knew exactly who it was.

Juda.

"Hello Mutt. How's my lovely mate tonight. Keeping warm" he taunted. Knowing that the first snow was coming any day now and the scraps of blankets barely cover my legs.

Keep strong for Atia.

I chanted over and over In my head.
Juda bent down to pick me up and instantly I felt sparks shoot across my body.

Then he pulled me in an breathed in my scent by my neck. His finger traced the spot where my mates mark would go. I shivered as his fingers slowly caressed it.

He grinned.

"The mate bond, even a strong Alpha like me, can't resist the pull. Just being away from you drives my wolf crazy. He needs to feel you. To breathe you in" he said

I trembled. Even though part of me responded to the mate bond and it's effects. I was disgusted by him. Everything about this felt wrong.

I hate him.

I hate the myself but most of all. I hate the Moon Goddess.
Just as quickly as a switch, Alpha Juda was back in control.

SMACK, he slapped my cheek.

Then he leans in for another whiff of my scent. Once his wolf seems satisfied, he turns and leaves.

Again, I feel worthless and disgusting.

Why is this my life.