Chapter 18

Bought a ticket for a runaway train
Like a madman laughin' at the rain
Little out of touch, little insane
Just easier than dealing with the pain
-Soul Asylum

They head straight to the fire and start drinking.
Juda and Jessica are so wrapped into each other they really do look like a perfect couple. I'm glad I'll be able to help make that a reality.

Juda pulls away from her and sniffs the air.

Shit, he's sniffing for me. Oh Goddess, please don't let him smell me. Too late, his head turns directly to the bush im in, fuck.

I hear a growl coming from him and everyone looks his way. His eyes never leave the direction I'm in. I can hear Jessica ask him what's wrong as she tightens her grip on his arm. He never acknowledges her. His eyes are pitch black now.

It's time.

I jump up and run as fast as I can towards them.
Everyone is shocked.

"What are you doing here you filthy mutt" Alpha Jeremiah booms. His Luna looks at me with her typical disgusted frown.
Alpha Juda stiffens, he snaps his head towards his father and then back to me. Like he was almost about to say something to his father, but stopped himself.
His hands are in fists by his side, any tighter and I'll probably be able to see blood drip from them.

"Come here, Octavia" Juda snarls.

I gulp.

"Why are you out of the basement, I've warned you to never leave. Now you are choosing to disobey your Alpha" he says.

"I came out so you could reject our mate bond on this New Moon night" I retort.

Gasps move across the crowd.

Jessica's face is completely red at this point. I can see her claws coming out and she's getting ready to lunge at me.

"I'll kill you now you stupid bitch!" She screams as she jumps to attack me.

Juda grabs her, holding her back from slashing my face.

"Let me go Juda, this mutt deserves to die" she screams.

"No, you will not harm her. Only I am allowed to touch her" he growls.

Trying to hold back his wolf from coming out. Alphas are extremely possessive by nature, and his wolf hasn't accepted Jessica as his mate.

"Reject me!" I yell.

His brows fury together. His even darker now, like a starless sky.

"Reject this trash, Alpha" the crowd yells.

"Yes, son, how have you not rejected her yet. The Moon Goddess made a mistake. You must reject her so Yours and Luna Jessica's bond can be complete" I hear Alpha Jeremiah say.

Judas eyes never shift from me. He looks me up and down and I can see that he's furious. Angry that I left the basement and came outside. He wanted to keep me locked away forever so he could use me whenever he wanted. He doesn't love me. He just wants to possess me. Like I'm just an unworthy play thing meant to be a secret. Well, not anymore. I need to escape him. I need to be free from the chains Alpha Juda has me wrapped in.

"I, Alpha Juda, reject you Octavia Johnson as my mate and Luna to Novilunium Pack"

It burns. My chest is on fire. I can barely breathe.

"I, Octavia Johnson, accept your rejection Alpha Juda"

A tear falls from my eye. Not for him. But for the pain that the rejection is making me feel.

Alpha Juda grabs his chest, this is my chance. While he's suffering from the bond breaking.

"I, Octavia Johnson, cut all ties to the Novilunium Pack" I scream out.

Goddess that felt good.

I run as fast as I can to the woods.

Atia, you know what to do.