Stares

[2/7]
Being in New York had given us the opportunity to walk to work. Our temporary office was maybe a block away from everyone's hotels. It was nice, the chilly mornings warmed up by the beaming sun as it raised. It was very nice.. when you don't stay up till three o'clock in the morning with Jim Halpert that is.

I felt my cheeks heat up as he grabbed at my hand. I wasn't a small girl, but his hands were still almost too big to hold.
"Is it too much?" He held our hands up, asking with genuine concern. My face once again heat up at this question, especially after last night.

We didn't do even anything. He watched me play horror games on my console.. as I sat in his lap. I stared at him questioning whether or not he knew he much he was teasing me.

"Kid?" he laughed, squeezing my hand.
My eyes widened,
"No! it isn't too much.. James." I stumbled over my words. He laughed again, rubbing his thumb over the back of my hand as we continued walking down the block. He was such a jerk.

When we got to work, we both noticed a poorly written "Welcome Newbies!" sign hanging in front of the entrance.
"Newbies?" Jim questioned. I shrugged in response. Who knows what else could come from the uncomfortable situation going on right now.

We noticed one new guy sitting in the lunch room, he had black hair and looked to be closer to my age than Jim's. As soon as he looked at me Jim stepped in front of me.
"What're you doing?" I giggled, smacking his shoulder.
"That jerk is already eyeing you," he sighed. He was overreacting to the max, the new guy barely looked at me.
"Calm down Halpert, he's not," I reassures him. I would eventually be eating my words.

All day Shawn, the new guy, followed me. He abused his newbie role, pretended to need help every second of the day. He stood at my desk, his hand on the back of my chair as he spoke.
"So, how old are you y/n?" he whispered.
"Is there something you need help with? y/n is still pretty new, I've been here for years. Isn't that right kiddo?"
Jim spoke loudly, obviously becoming very overprotective, I didn't mind in this moment. I nod in response to his question.
"See? Atta girl!" Jim smiled falsely as he walked Shawn away from my work space.
"Atta girl" echoed in my head, making me wallow in shame at my desk.

About thirty minutes later I creeped around the office looking for Jim.
I found him lecturing the new jerk still, they both looked irritated, but Jim had that scary smile plastered on his face. I pulled him away as soon as I got the chance, he was still annoyed. His voice proved it,
"Your skirts a little short huh?"
I looked at my legs, wiggling as I pulled my skirt down,
"No? You picked it out this morning..!" I whispered harshly. He leaned over, getting in my face,
"I changed my mind."
I scoffed,
"What're you gonna do about it?" I instantly regret my words as soon as they fell out of my mouth. I uncomfortably pulled at my skirt once again as he stared down at me. He grabbed my arm and pulled me to the supply room where no one ever went.
As soon as he led me in the door was shut behind him.
"James," I placed my hand on his shoulder. The movement was quick, but his lips ended up against mine instantly, causing me to wince.
He pulled away fast, looking away from me. A thought entered my mind and before I could speak, sin poured from my mouth.
"Jim?" I pout softly, grabbing his attention.
"I need your help.."
He tilt his head and clenched his jaw as I spoke. I grabbed his hand, holding his pointer and middle finger in my palm.
"My skirt is too short.."