Chapter Seven

Artemis's POV:

The sound of the doorbell ringing fills my office. I sigh, annoyed. it interrupted my experiment

Seeing as my experiment is ruined, I might as well go and check who's at the door. As far as I know, we're not expecting anyone. I get up and straighten my suit before heading to the control box.

I flick on the microphone.

"Who is it?" I ask coldly.

"Nicolette. I'm your sister," comes a confident voice from the speaker.

Pathetic when are these kids going to understand they can't fool me.

"I don't have a sister," I reply in the same cold manner I used before and yet somehow, as I say these words, I begin to doubt them. I can't believe I'm letting these kids get the better of me.

"Look through the camera," commands the voice.

I cannot believe I'm actually doing this, but I check the video.

I'm completely taken aback. She looks just like one of us, just like a Fowl. I'm honestly angry with myself for considering what she is saying. It makes no sense, but all the same, I find myself turning off the microphone.

"Mother, you're going to want to see this," I call out.

When mother sees the video, she gasps, then starts muttering to herself.

"It was so long ago... I can hardly believe it."

Finally, she looks up at me.

"You have to let her in."

"I'm not sure that's a good idea-" I start.

"Then go meet her outside, have lunch or something. Find out as much as you can about her," mother cuts in, she seems very persistent, so I don't argue. The way she reacted was weird, and it's putting me on edge.

I nod slowly before turning the microphone back on and addressing the girl, Nicolette. Maybe there's something more to her story than just a prank, but I'm still not believing she's my sister, at least not yet.

A/N:

So, how did you like this chapter? It took me a long time to decide if to make a chapter from Artemis's point of view, but I think making this chapter was the right decision. I know it's short, but it's essential to the story.

Please comment; I would love to know your opinions.

My next update will be on Monday, and I'm planning to finish this story by the end of next week, so I will update much more frequently from now on.

Have a great weekend, guys.