first love ♣

the sun's rays shone upon the glistening castle of cair paravel

the sun's rays shone upon the glistening castle of cair paravel. a young maiden strode through the golden corridor in the morning gentle breezes. she balanced her clean sheets of scrolls in her hand while she clutches her ink and quill tight in the other hand.

'greetings, queen y/n,' the maid smiled brightly.

'morning, gretha!' the y/h/c haired maiden greeted. 'haven't you remember about the titles? no need for that,' y/n chuckled.

'would you like some tea and fruits in your study, as usual, qu- y/n?' the fuan asked. 'i could inform the high chef for you,' she smiled.

'oh- keep the precious foods, i won't be in my study until nighttime,' the lady declined politely. 'the council has a big meeting today,' y/n smiled softly.

the fuan bowed its head slightly as the young queen strolled past her.

y/n leaned over the garden's balcony. her y/e/c irises scanned the majestic ocean waves and the rising sun along the horizon. she guided her heels towards the center of the garden where the wooden swing is located. the swing holds a special place in your heart. it reminds you of the set you have back in finchley, the old creaky wood swing you played with the pevensies.

we have all grown so much.

they were just kids back then. having fun, playing tricks, and being silly. now being the kings and queens of old, and y/n as the third queen. although, one thing never changes. the feelings she had for the second youngest pevensie.

on the day she met him at the professor's house, her heart seems to beat a little faster from then on. his sarcastic comments brought her laughter out, even in the darkest times. she would be lying if she said that she didn't see his lips curled up every time she said a sarcastic comment back. y/n enjoyed every moment she gets to spend with him, but her heart is too afraid to confess the truth. it would cost their whole relationship if he did not fancy her back.

y/n sighed loudly as she pulled her train of thoughts backs. as her body swung back and forth on the swing, she raised her arm slightly to observe the watch on her wrist. the sun reflected on the clock, making it 10 times harder to read the time. it seems like the longer arm is pointing at 10...

'OH, ASLAN! the meeting starts at 10:20-'

without another thought, y/n dashed across the garden and ran down the stairs alongside the balcony. she clutched her ink bottle as she used her pinky to hook her emerald dress up.

'i swear- if i fall down the stairs-' y/n cursed to herself.

---

luckily, the young queen made herself to the front door (maybe just about the time). she raised her knuckles and knock softly on the door. closing her eyes, slowly grabbing the handle, and pushed it as soft as she could manage to.