flower crown ♣

'your majesty, where are you heading to?' the caretaker spoke

'your majesty, where are you heading to?' the caretaker spoke. 'king edmund will be back soon,' she smiled.

'oh, i was going to the fields,' y/n replied as she tucked a hair strand behind her ear. 'if he asked for me, come and find me in the fields,' with one last word she rushed down the golden stairs.

---

y/n hummed her favorite song as she plucked the flowers in the field. she picked some daisies, daffodils, and a few lilies. y/n adores the smell of the flowers of narnia. they are magically refreshing and lovely. as a queen of narnia and the wife of king edmund, life could sometimes be stressful. papers and proposals of different nations and kingdoms are sent in every day. even within narnia, the papers are long enough to drown her in themselves. especially at the end of the month, she nearly had any sleep. this applies to the pevensie sibling as well. nearly every corner of the castle has papers lying around. so she always values time to breathe, think, and rewind her stressful life.

she settled down and laid her back against the strong trunk of the tree. her y/e/c pupils scanned the tides and the setting sun in front of her face. her nose scented the refreshing smell of the ocean, wind, and especially the flowers in her hand. her delicate ears heard the chirping of the birds and the crashing sound of the waves against the rock. she closed her eyes and feel the support of the earth below her back.

---

edmund came galloping to the castle on his horse, phillip. the air was colder, signifying the evening time. he dropped off his horse and patted it on the back.

'thanks for today,' edmund smiled.

'pleasure's all mine,' the majestic horse replied.

'don't be so posh,' edmund chuckled and left phillip.

edmund rushed up the golden stairs and passed the garden into the guarded throne room. he saw susan sitting on her throne with her paper as usual, while peter and lucy's are empty.

'ed!' susan smiled. 'did you see pete-'

'nope,' edmund replied and strolled to his throne. 'probably out there with lucy?' he shrugged.

'he needs to finish all of these papers,' susan pointed to the stack of papers on his throne.

'i'm sure he will do it just in time,' edmund chuckled. 'by what i mean is the last day.'

susan rolled her eyes, 'of course.'

edmund pondered on his throne, and he suddenly saw his wife's empty throne. it came to him. he sprang up and rushed to the door.

'ed! don't you dare leave,' susan shouted. 'there are papers that you need to help!'

'i need to go to y/n, and besides, i've finished mine,' edmund turned. 'it's all peter's!' he shouted one last time before he left the door.

'i swear, i would kill them all,' susan groaned.

---

y/n knitted the flowers together, one by one. her fingers delicately touched the pedals and their stems. slowly, the flowers turned into a flower crown.

she was so concentrated on the flower crown that she failed to notice the creeping raven-haired man behind her. edmund settled down next to her and leaning his back on the tree trunk. he stared at his wife with love and admiration. his eyes glowed, and all the world seemed to stop. he noticed how her hair flowed with the wind, how her eyes flickered, or how her fingers softly knitted the flowers.

'ed!' y/n chuckled and waved her hand by his face.

'yes?' he flinched.

'you had been staring at me for a long time, what's wrong?' she caressed his cheeks.

edmund softly held her hands, 'there's nothing wrong, darling.' 'everything is so perfect,' he pressed his lip on her fingers.

'you are so cheesy,' she chuckled. 'who are you! what have you done to edmund?'

'oh darling, they say, love makes people blind,' edmund stared into her eyes.

'oh, shut it,' y/n pressed her finger on his lips. she softly placed her flower crown on his dark hair. edmund shifted his body and laid his head softly on her thighs as he looked toward the tides. a cold wind rushed against his face as he closed his eyes. he felt her arms draping over his head as she touched his hair softly.

suddenly, he sprang upright. he leaned closer and pecked her cherry lips. y/n flinched by his sudden action and chuckled.

'oh, edmund,' she teased, hitting his shoulder. she pulled him into her 'heart-melting' hug as edmund melted in her touch. he could smell her perfume and her shampoo, the smells he loves, at once.

'i love you sooo much.'

---

Bonus:

The kings and queens gathered for their last meal of the day. Lucy chuckled at her sight.

'what are you laughing at, lu?' peter questioned.

'oh, just look at edmund,' lucy giggled.

edmund stared at lucy and puffed his chest.

'this is far greater than all of yours,' he showed his flower crown. 'y/n made it for me,' edmund presented.

'edmund!' she gasped. y/n hit him hard in the arm as she reddened from embarrassment. 'you are supposed to wear your crown,' she clutched her chest.

'it's alright, y/n!' lucy chirped. 'i would love one, too!' she chuckled.

'i'll make you one for our tea time,' y/n giggled. susan rolled her eyes and smiled.

the table exploded with laughter as the pevensies enjoy their last moment together before heading to their chambers.

A/N: Thanks for reading! ♡