sick ♣

ding

ding. the clock echoed its sound through y/n's ear. she struck her y/e/c eyes to the clock's arms. the quill in her hand dropped itself on the clean paper.

'12:00 a.m.'

y/n sighed and wiped her clean dirty sheet of paper and folded it away. she tightened the grip of her cloak as the freezing wind gushed through her gaping windows. the wind sent shivers down her spine. her delicate hands stroked down her arms softly and rubbed her heavy eyes. she sniffed her nose as she scrunched it up.

y/n reached her arms and grabbed the golden frame of her gigantic window. she pulled it towards her face with the little strength she has left. as the window came to close, the breeze blows her candle dark. y/n coughed as the burnt smell struck her reddened nose.

the castle had fallen dark as she looked toward the glistening skies. she loves working at night as if no one was watching her. the world seems as it had fallen asleep. her gentle pair of eyes scanned the empty beach. it felt as it was yesterday that she was lying there with her husband.

they were having so much fun as they have forgotten the world was there. his smell lingered on her nose, although she was having a problem breathing through one of the sides. She could remember his minty-rainy smells. his raven hair that laid messily on his head. it brushed her skin as he pulled his body close by. his deepened yet soft voice that comforted her when she sleeps.

she snapped her eyes open as she saw the same scenery, yet it felt so different. without the radiating sun, or without him, it felt like the temperature of the room.

---

y/n glided herself past the enormous golden door of the castle. her head turned to her husband's study and saw a calming figure sat in the velvet chair. he flickered the pen in his hand playfully, yet his brows knitted itself together. the candlelight flickered on his black glasses. y/n couldn't help herself drowning in his sight with glasses.

she slipped herself in front of the gaping door. clearing her throat and knocked her knuckles on the door. edmund looked up with distress yet soften to see his wife by the door. y/n smiled brightly as she strolled toward his messy desk. she embraced her husband into her hug as he gripped her waist tightly.

'oh! i'm so sorry i haven't brought any tea,' y/n brought her hands to her mouth. 'i'll go get you some now,' she smiled. as she was about to set off, he gripped her wrist lightly. tugging her back as she fell softly into his embrace.

'it's alright, love,' he curled his lips upward. they stared into each other's orbs, for aslan knows how long. as she looked into his brown eyes, she felt as she fell into this mythical experience.

edmund chuckled at his wife's action. he pecked her lips as she flinched herself.

'hey-' y/n complained and give him a jabbed in his ribs.

'ow- darling,' he winced. 'you are the one complaining why i got lost in your eyes while you are getting lost in mine too,' he chuckled.

'fine' she rolled her eyes and smiled brightly. y/n sniffed her nose and yawned softly, 'oh my- excuse me.'

'are you alright, darling?' edmund looked with worry.

'i'm alright, love,' y/n forced a smile as she felt her eyes burning.

'let's go to bed, shall we?' edmund blows out his candle and grabbed her hand, and intertwined it with his.

---

y/n braided her y/h/c hair softly as she sat on her bed. her eyes became heavier and heavier. she flinched by a sudden action behind her. edmund crawled up their shared bed and hugged her from behind. he gave her another peck on her reddened cheeks. they both crawled under the covers, yet y/n felt shivers down her spine.

'are you sick, darling?' edmund placed his palm on her forehead. he felt a burning sensation on his hand. 'your head is burning, love,' he eyed her with concern.

'maybe your hand is just cold, love,' y/n replied weakly in the dimmed light.

edmund sprang himself from their bed and walked out of their shared chamber. y/n weakly observed the gaping door as the light hit her eyes. the room fell into silence as she could hear the sound of the wind hitting the window.

suddenly, she heard the door opening and closing. y/n was too tired to look, yet she could scent his fragrance. she felt a layer of cloth laid over herself. it was soft as the cloud and thick enough to keep her warm.

'thank aslan, susan was still awake,' edmund stroked his wife's head. 'she likes to keep a lot of blankets with herself,' he chuckled.

'oh edmund, thank you so much,' y/n smiled weakly as she clutched her husband's hands. 'and thanks susan, too,' she chuckled as she snuggled her head into the soft blankets.

'she was up, finishing her papers as well,' he spoke as he slipped himself into the covers.

'i bet peter would be asleep with his papers again,' y/n sarcastically commented. bringing a smile up edmund's face.

'love you,' edmund placed his lips on her forehead.

'love you too,' y/n grinned as she drifted off to sleep.

---

Bonus:

'come onnn-' edmund whined to his wife.

'no, edmund,' y/n placed her fingers on his lips. 'you can not kiss me, or you will get sick.'

that word stung from his head to his heart.

'but- how can i live without kissing you?' edmund cried like a boy who doesn't get his toy.

'you won't die, love.'

'I WILL- see' he crumbled to their chamber's floor.

'you are over-reacting, my king,' y/n chuckled and pulled him up.

'you will be fine,' y/n reassured him. 'i'll give you kisses and more cuddles when i am well again,' edmund's eyes lit up brightly.

'really? promise?' he took out his pinky and pushed it towards her face.

'promise-'

edmund closed the space between their faces as he placed his lips on hers. he closed his eyes as she did the same. y/n pulled her hands over his neck while edmund's hand snaked around her waist. y/n gasped as she regains consciousness.

'EDMUND PEVENSIE!' she hit her hands on his arm. 'if you get sick-'

'then, it's worth it for me,' he winked as he left the chamber. leaving the flustered queen behind.

A/N: If you enjoy the story, comments or vote are welcome. If not, feel free to leave any critics. Request are open, feel free to message me. Thanks for reading!