XIX

Bucky and Adalyn, after a brief stop in Wakanda, boarded a plane.

---

Their plane landed in Delacroix, Louisiana.

They arrived at the docks and saw people unloading things, putting them close to the boat.

Adalyn looked around for Sam and heard him say, "Tommy, Carlos, man, this is amazing." He chuckled. "Thanks so much, man."

"Look..." Carlos began.

"Thanks, y'all."

"Hey, look, word goes out the Wilson family needs help?"

"Yes, sir," a man said.

"We still got a bit of usefulness in us."

"How do we get it off the truck?"

Bucky grabbed a crate from the back and a man cried, "Oh!"

As Bucky set the crate down, he said, "You're welcome."

Sam glanced at Adalyn. "Did someone call you two?"

Adalyn shook her head. "Nah, we're just dropping something off."

Bucky placed the case on the back of the truck. "You can sign for it and we'll go. Ada and I called in a favor from the Wakandans."

Before Sam could say anything, a hose came loose on the boat and a loud hissing sounded.

Sarah rushed over to her brother and called, "Sam!"

Sam ran to the boat and grabbed a wrench, trying to tighten the hose.

"Hi," Bucky greeted, waving to Sarah.

"Hi," Sarah replied in a bright tone.

Adalyn narrowed her eyes and Bucky kissed her cheek, chuckling softly before saying, "I only have eyes for you, doll."

Bucky walked up to Sam and said, "Hold on, hold on. You gotta go up." He grabbed the wrench from Sam and tightened the hose.

As soon as the hissing stopped, Bucky dropped the wrench to his side and Adalyn walked onto the boat.

Sam looked between Bucky and the hose before asking, "Why didn't you use the metal arm?"

"Well..." Bucky began, looking at his left hand, "I don't always think of it immediately. I'm right-handed." Sam chuckled and Adalyn smirked. "So, this is the boat, huh?"

"This is it." Sam leaned against the box below the hose.

Bucky nodded and looked around again. "It's nice."

"You want any help?" Adalyn asked. "From both of us?"

"Yeah," Sam replied as he walked to the front of the boat.

Sarah walked up to the boat and Bucky smiled before saying, "I'm Bucky." He gestured to the blonde. "This is Adalyn."

"Ah, Sarah," Sam's sister replied with a smile.

Adalyn smiled and waved. "Nice to meet you, Sarah."

Bucky nodded. "Sarah."

Sarah looked between them. "Sam was right about the two of you. You are adorable together."

Bucky and Adalyn shared a smile before going to help.

Bucky began sanding wood and Adalyn cleaned the deck. Sam tried to get some metal siding off the boat and yelled, "Shit!" Bucky went up to him, pulled off the metal piece, and put it to the side. "Thanks."