XII

The five managed to get out before the lab exploded and they snuck out of the entry container.

Adalyn paused and listened a moment. "Pretty sure everything's settled."

They looked around and only saw smoke.

Bucky yelled, "All right! Wait for my signal!" They took on gunfire and Sam found an opening, instantly taking it. "Damn it!" Bucky stepped around the container door, covering everyone's backs, and Adalyn followed him, earning a look, which she returned, and he glanced away.

Sharon went to the right with Sam while Adalyn remained with Bucky.

As more and more people appeared, Adalyn asked, "Will these guys ever stop coming?"

"I don't know," Bucky admitted as he and Adalyn held their ground until his gun jammed. "Ah!" He pulled his left hand down and glanced at Adalyn. "You still got your guns?"

She nodded and handed him one and enough bullets to fill the barrel.

The two joined Sam and Sharon and Bucky said, "I thought we were gonna go left."

"You went the wrong way!" Sam retorted.

"I cleared the way!"

"I came out first. You are supposed to follow me. You as well, Ada."

"And where are we now?" Adalyn retorted.

"Guys, Adalyn, not the time!" Sharon yelled, ducking down after shooting a few more rounds. "I'm out!"

Adalyn shot her gun a couple more times and a click sounded. "Me too." She heard her other gun, in Bucky's hand, click. "My other one's out." She took her gun back from Bucky who was holding it out to her.

"This is a barricade," Bucky and Adalyn said.

"It's in every action movie!" Sam shot back.

A single gunshot sounded and there was another explosion, which caused the four to duck. Zemo fought the remaining bounty hunters.

Bucky gently pushed Adalyn before saying, "Go. Come on. Let's go."

They ran through the containers as they got shot at. A bullet sounded like it hit a container, causing Adalyn to stop and turn back. Bucky turned back as well, hearing the same sound.

"Buck! Ada!" Sam yelled.

More bullets hit a container, near Adalyn's head and she ducked.

A man came closer to them and Adalyn picked up a pipe and said, "Hey, Buck! Catch!" She threw the pipe to Bucky who caught it and hit the man who was shooting at Sam and Sharon.

Sam opened a container and used it as a shield. Bucky and Adalyn walked up to him as he cried, "Let's go!"

Adalyn glanced at Bucky. "You have a plan, right? Because if we don't have a way out, we're screwed."

Bucky nodded and punched the far side of the container, causing light to enter the pitch black room.

As soon as they got out the container, they heard tires screeching.

A car pulled around a corner and stopped in front of them.

"Hello..." Zemo greeted from the driver's seat. "Supercharged."

Sam shook his head. "You're going back to jail."

"Do you want to find Karli or not?"

Bucky nodded as he opened the door for Adalyn. "And there's three of us, and at least 20 of them. Come on." Adalyn climbed into the car.