Chapter 12: Suspicion

Canada slowly attempted to turn over until he realized just how bad of an idea that was. The sun had just began to shine in through the blinds, scattered around the room. He tried to sleep flat on his back incase it really was thrown out, but he didn't feel any pain, at least until now. He slowly tried to move onto his side, but pain suddenly struck up his spine. He stopped half way in his sleep, whimpered, and woke up with the pain. Russia could hear the small whimpers and he himself woke up, opening his eyes slowly to the boy. "Are you alright?" He asked.

Canada frowned. "Um," he tried moving a bit but the pain struck up his back again. "I feel it now." Like Russia had told him, he would feel it in the morning. Canada only ignored it though. Russia sat up a bit and looked at him. "You were right." he mumbled.

"Would you like ice?" He questioned, Canada nodded a bit. Russia yawned a bit but got up out of the bed, leaving the boy to lay there without movement, and went down to get some ice. Kumajirou crawled his way up over the sheets and next to his owner.

"Does it hurt?" Kumajirou tilted his head, Canada nodded. "That sounds like a you problem." Canada glared. Russia returned yawning a bit and sat on the edge of the bed, placing the cold ice to the boy's back. Canada shivered a bit. He tried turning the boy back onto his back with the ice on it now, knowing that would help just a bit, and sat him up against the pillows a bit.

"Try not to move too much." Russia directed and stood up. "I'll bring you up breakfast, da?"

"I'm not really hungry." Canada said.

"I am!" Kumajirou stood on his back legs. "Food. Hungary. Feed me!" Canada looked toward Russia, who only sighed.

"Da. I'll do it." Russia picked the little bear up, Kumajirou squirming around with the touch off the man who threatened to turn him jerky everyday. He continued to squirm in the Russian's grip as Russia attempted to carry him down the stairs to the kitchen. Finally, the bear had stop squirming, so Russia dropped him onto the floor. He squirmed around on the floor until he managed to get back onto his feet.

"Animal abuse!" Kumajirou growled, Russia only smiled at him and laughed a bit.

"Kol kol~ like I care." he laughed before going into the fridge and getting the bear's small package of fish. "Now eat." he threw it onto the floor, still in the pack.

"I can't open it. I don't have thumbs."

"That's not my problem." Russia smiled and went back into the fridge to make his own and Canada's breakfasts. Kumajirou stared at the package for a minute, getting into a hunting position, then pounced onto the package and tried ripping it apart with his teeth; he couldn't seem to bite through the plastic. He tried pulling it apart with his teeth but nothing worked, until someone picked up the package and physically opened it for him, then gave it back for the bear to eat. Russia turned a bit to see France in his puffy pink pajamas. "What... in the hell are you wearing?"

"Well I normally don't wear clothes when I sleep." France yawned. "So I had to find some old pajamas when you two came, Canada yelled at me last time."

"Most people would if their father walked around butt naked." Russia glared. He took out some bowls and then turned to the stove. "I'm using your kitchen."

"Oui~ Sure thing~ as long as I get food." He smiled. Russia turned to him with a glare.

"Fine. But if you complain, I will beat your head into the wall." Russia turned the stove on and began to crack eggs.

"O-Oui fine." France nervously took a seat at the table. "I didn't know you cooked though."

"Matvey has been teaching me a few things." he lifted up the cracked egg. "I hate cracking these stupid eggs though." he threw it into the trash can and began stirring it in the pan.