Chapter 8: Scars

Chapter 8: Scars

"Are you lost little one?..."

The voice echoed through my head... through the air... that voice was all I could hear...

"W-Who are you?..."

Falling snow was soft... it never made a sound... except for me.... I always heard it... always heard him...

"Little one, you're a country aren't you?"

I shouldn't of said yes... I should of run away.... I should of just ignored him....

"Who... are you?...."

Did I even have a choice?.... I had no clue what I was even doing...

"You'll freeze to death out here little one." the voice scared me... "Come with me, yes?"

The cold... if it wasn't so cold... C-...could I of even survived back then?.... I-I.....

OOO

"Russia. Do you know where my maple syrup is?" Canada looked up in the cabinets trying to find the sweet substance that made him smile, only this time, he was frowning.

"I don't know." Russia said taking a sip of coffee at the table. "Do you know where my Vodka is?" Canada paused as Russia got a greedy smile across his face. "I might know something... but then again, I might not." Canada slowly turned to Russia with a total death glare.

"Russia. Where is it?"

"Like I said, where is my vodka?"

"The doctor said none until your wounds are healed Russia! Alcohol is poisonous to your blood and with the amount a blood you lost, there's not that much left to not be poisoned!"

"Matvey people die in Russia from alcohol poisoning or some kind of death related to it every day."

"How will that help you! ?"

"I've been drinking for many, many years. Am I dead? Nyet." Russia crossed his arms. "Don't discourage my drinking ways."

"Shut up Russia..." Canada glared. "Just give me my maple please."

"How about a trade? Your maple for my vodka."

"Russia I took it away to help your health."

"Then I'll do the same to you." Russia's smile came back. "You know Matvey, you have quite the sugar problem. Maybe it's all the sugary maple syrup and candies you put in your body."

"W-What?" Canada blinked. "Hey! Don't make this about me!"

"If you keep up with all that sugar intake, you'll end up getting diabetes or some disease Matvey."

"Don't change this to me Russia!"

"I wouldn't want my little Canada getting sick in the hospital for something that could have been avoided."

"Russia!"

"Maybe it's a good thing you take a break, da?" Russia smiled as the boy looked like he was going to lose it. "Unless... you give me my Vodka? Then we can both be happy, da?"

"I'm not giving them to you Russia." Canada firmly said and continued to lose it.

"Then you won't find any of your maple things. None of them. Not in my house, not in your bag, nothing hidden, nothing at all." Russia smiled, he finally had the boy at his end, he felt as if Canada was in the palm of his hand, but the boy still had another card up his sleeve.

"Maybe you're right." Canada said. "I could use a break from all that sugar for a while so I don't get sick like you said."

"W-What?"