Chapter 3: Father Frost

Nothing will happen, it's only a dream, I can control myself... Right?...

OOO

"W-Whatda mean it's gonna start moving?" Canada questioned as he held the little Father Frost doll in his hand; Russia smiled.

"Exactly that." He said. "It will start moving in a few days due to witchcraft."

"What! ?" Canada panicked a bit as Russia smiled, turned, and walked away from the boy. Canada stood there staring at the doll, then quickly put it on a table and followed the Russian. "S-So when is Ukraine coming?"

"Soon." Russia looked over at him. "I think Belarus might be coming too." The name sent a shiver down Canada's spine. "Don't worry. We've worked things out, she won't threaten you anymore."

"I-I hope not..."

"She won't. Don't worry." Russia kissed the boy's forehead. "I'll make sure she won't." Canada smiled a bit. "I have to go check on dinner." Russia left for the kitchen. His house still freaked Canada out a bit, so he quickly followed instead of standing there in the hallway.

"Didn't Lithuania say he was gonna come?"

"Da. He was. But I believe he would rather spend it with Poland. And I do not want Poland in my house."

"Y-You really don't like Poland do you?"

"He's strange and annoying and I can't take him over anymore so there is no use in seeing his face."

"...Well that's rude." Canada glared a bit, Russia shrugged it off and looked toward him. "America told me you weren't going to come."

"Eh?"

"He said you were sick in bed."

"O-Oh," Canada sighed a bit. "Yeah I just got over a cold a few days ago."

"A few days? Meaning one or two, da?"

"M-Maybe."

Russia looked at him, then sighed. "Matvey. I don't want you getting sick."

"I won't." Canada said with puppy eyes toward the Russian. "It hasn't come back in a while, so I should be fine."

Russia gave him a look and sighed again, "If you say so," the door bell ringed next and Russia quickly went to get it.

OOO

"Matvey? Are you awake?" Russia peeked in the boy's room early the next morning when he noticed the boy wasn't up yet, he saw the boy move under the blankets a bit. "You said you wanted to come with us to church again, da?" Canada didn't respond. Russia peeked in a little more as he could see Kumajirou's head sticking up in the buddle of sheets, the bear looked toward him. Russia came in more and went for the boy's bed, "Matvey?" He looked over to see Canada still sleeping, but panting and sweating; Russia frowned and put the back of his hand to the boy's forehead. Just as he thought, he has a fever.

OO

"You two just go without me, da?" Russia directed his two sisters, Ukraine automatically teared up.

"B-But, little brother, we always go together!" She cried as Belarus stayed still and silent.

"D-Da, I know, please don't cry." Russia tried to comfort her. "I don't want to leave Canada by himself when he's sick though, I don't know how bad it is." Ukraine sniffled and wiped her tears away. "And I did go with you two last night."

"You're suppose to go today too." Belarus said. Russia looked toward her.

"You know I'm not very religious." Russia said. "Just go without me, I'll see you when you get back." Belarus gave him a cold look and grabbed Ukraine's wrist, and pulled her toward the door. Ukraine gave him a little "good bye" and a small wave as Belarus quickly took her out the door. Russia put his hand up as a farewell, but Belarus slammed the door, so he flinched a bit and put it down; he sighed.