Chapter 1

"Come on Skai! We're going to being running EXTRA late if you keep fidgeting with your journal!" "You don't understand, Pa, I....." I stopped. A haunting chill creeped from my spine to my neck....The noise, the groans, the weeps coming from inside my closet...was no longer a harmful horror story.

2 months before:
Beep Beep Beep! My annoying alarm buzzed until I swung my arm on top of the button and tried to squeeze myself back into a snooze. I finally got up when I smelt the sweet aroma of bacon in the kitchen. I groaned as I pulled off my sheets and slowly got up taking my bunny slippers off my cold feet. I grabbed a pair of clothes from my drawers and grabbed my coat and backpack from my closet. Although, I heard hissing noises coming from my favorite mint green jacket. I dumbly realized it was from the kitchen, and started to laugh at myself. "Wow" I thought. I zipped up my boots and ran down the hall to the flawless smell of delicious bacon and eggs. "Remember to bring your journal I bought for your writing section in Mr. Parllin's class!" My mother chimed making me feel awkward. "I know" I replied as if she to told me 2+2 is 4. "You're lucky I'm supporting with, I quote, "Delisssssh food!" I laughed and served myself a plate. It was already 7:15, and I walked down the driveway to my bus stop. "Mornin' Skai" said Hank, my bus driver. I sat down by my best friend Lisa with confusion masked over my face. "Eeeeeeh!" "What?" I replied. "I have the greatest idea ever for my story in Mr. Parllin's class!" "That issss?" "Ok ok ok" she said, "A girl and a boy! STRANDED on an island! But! They like have to SURVIVE on their own for years. And then! The guy, Cody, proposes to her!....." Her voice seemed to trail off as I thought about the closet incident. A horror story! Perfect, I thought. ".....And and and then, they get rescued by a boat and they have a family in America. And live happily. ever. after. "Wow!" I said, feeling bad that I didn't even really know what it was about. The perfect horror story. I thought again.