23• A bright beginning

🔹️🔹️Crystal Russell 🔹️🔹️

I took a deep breath to calm my nerves as I stood in front of the mirror, ready in my semi-formal blue outfit. It was a sky blue pair of crop top and shorts with a same colored blazer. 

Yes, it's my first day at work. 

I walked out of the closet to find Adrien dressed in his white shirt and navy blue pants, with a tie in hand and eyes darted at his phone. He probably heard my footsteps so he spoke to me. 

"Crys, please help me with the tie." When he looked up at me, his face flashed with surprise. 

"Wow. You.. look perfect for a new start." I smiled coyly at his compliment. Adrien had been very supportive when it came to my work. He kept his dislike towards Evan aside and was genuinely happy to see me so excited to work. The best thing was that he knew and understood that my excitement was because of my work and not because of Evan. 

I must say, I really love it when he acts possessively. But what's even better is, even though it doesn't matter in our relationship, Adrien isn't insecure. 

I took the tie from his hand and stepped closer to slide it around his neck. This has kind of been our thing now. 

"Excited?" He asked, pushing a strand of my hair behind my ear. I nodded with a grin. "Since it's your first day, I was thinking if I can drop you at work. Martin can accompany you starting tomorrow." 

"I'd be glad if you drop me, and about tomorrow, I don't have to go every day. Only twice a week and if there is an event, then maybe a bit more often for planning it." I told him. 

We had our breakfast with Lily who wished me luck for my first day and Adrien and I took off for Evan's main club. Vida Grand. (Live Grand)

The ride was short as the destination wasn't far from our home and we spent it with small talk. Adrien asked me to call him when I get off work so he can take me back home since Martin was on a leave but I refused because his working hours were far longer than mine and I didn't want to disturb him. I frankly told him that for today and today only, Evan could drop me to which he said nothing. 

When he pulled over in the driveway of the club, we turned towards each other with tiny smiles gracing our faces. 

"See you." I told him and unclipped my seat belt. Before I could reach the door, Adrien tugged on my wrist and I looked at him. 

I was taken aback when he leaned forward and kissed my cheek. "Best of luck." I smiled at him, our faces close enough to let us feel our breaths on each other. 

"Thank you." He let go of my wrist and I got out. Waving at him last time, I walked inside while he reversed the car. I looked around in the driveway, suspicious if he had kissed me because Evan was around but he wasn't and that warmed my heart. 

As I entered Vida Grand, I was welcomed by a few employees. Alice and Denise, the waitresses, Greg and Jeremy, the bartenders and Chris, the head chef who was also one of Evan's closest friends. I had to report myself to Evan so I asked Alice for him and she led me to his cabin somewhere in a hallway that was only for the staff to enter. 

She informed me that he had gone out for some work and I could wait in his room and she returned to her work. 

Since he wasn't in there, I didn't bother knocking on the door and opened it only to witness a highly inappropriate scenario. 

Evan was vigorously making out with a blonde girl who sat on the top of his desk. If I had come in a minute later, they would have literally ended up swallowing each other.