2• The billionaire with a brunette

🔹️🔹️Crystal Hayes🔹️🔹️

Ugh!

Why can't one day of my life go on without troubles? All I had planned for today was to go to my bride-to-be friend and spend the night chit chatting with her. Something I haven't done in ages. But if nothing else, mother earth decided to spoil my day by pouring heavy rain and thunder.

For the sake of my safety, I decided to halt my travel and stay in a lodge that fell on my way for the night. The journey from Brooklyn to Manhattan wasn't long, but definitely tiring. I was already dripping wet because when the rainfall had started, I was out on the street waiting for the taxi.

I came inside the lodge room and stretched a little. I took a pair of dry clothes from my bag and was about to change when I heard a knock on the door. Sighing, I threw the clothes on the bed and unlocked the door, only to see the most unexpected people.

There stood my loan sharks, Philips's men with a sly smirk on their ugly faces. "Did you really think that you could run away without returning our boss' money?" One of the three said.

"I- I wasn't running away. I came here for some business." I tried to sound confident but I was terrified.

"Whatever. Either you return the boss' money right now, or we have the orders to bring you to him. Dead or Alive." Another one smirked at me while playing with a dagger.

"Wh-what do y-you mean? I have a-already given the money for t-this month." My feet automatically moved back with fear. "Where will I get more from?" I asked.

"Not our problem." They all came forward at once and I practically saw my life flashing in front of me.

No! I cannot die already. I deserve to live a little longer. I looked around and my eyes fell on a water bottle kept on the bedside. I picked it up and opened the lid and threw the water on them making them flinch. Taking this as my chance, I ran past them out of the room. They didn't take long to start following me. I had no idea where I was going. I was just running for my life. By the time I entered another wing, those goons were coming closer every second. I knew I couldn't run for long without being caught so I tried to find a place to hide. I tried opening every door on my way and thankfully, one of them was unlocked.

I barged inside and locked it, breathing hard. Leaning back on the door, I struggled to catch my breath with my eyes shut closed.

"Excuse me?" I opened my eyes when I heard a deep but tired voice. Pushing my hair back, when I looked in the front, I was knocked out of breath. I was standing face-to-face to a literal blue-eyed greek god who had his shirt off, putting his extremely defined torso on show. For the next few seconds, I stood their ogling at his handsome features and body.

When my eyes met his, he folded his arms across his chest and raised his eyebrows, making me realize what I had been doing. To escape from the embarrassment, I started speaking. "I- I am really sorry. Actually, I am in a bit of trouble and I barged into your room to hide."

"Trouble?" He frowned. I told him about some goons following me and his frown deepened. He wore back his shirt and was about to say something but was interrupted by a hard knock on the door that made me flinch.

"Open the door!" The disgustingly familiar voice yelled and I looked at the guy I intruded with helplessness and whispered, "Please."

He came forward and made me stand behind the door before opening it. "Yes?" One of the men described me by my height and clothes and Mr. Greek God smoothly declined seeing someone as such and shut the door, relieving me.

I was practically shivering, so he insisted that I sit and passed me a towel that I wrapped around myself. He also raised the temperature of the heater and I inwardly blushed at his generosity. When he asked me about the goons, I told him that they were my loan shark and had followed me here without my knowledge. It was my personal information but since I was bothering him and yet he was helping me, he deserved to know it.