11• Marriage? It's a Deal!

🔹️🔹️ Adrien Russell 🔹️🔹️

The first day after the wedding was tiring. All this while during the controversy, I wasn't able to come to the office and assist Dad like I usually do. I attend the office everyday along with Dad to get acquainted with the business since the day when I take over isn't far. Everything is back to normal, except that now, I am married.

I haven't gotten used to it and I don't think I have to since this marriage means nothing. Neither to me, nor to Crystal.

But I can't help but feel a bit more responsible towards her. Whether I like it or not, I cannot run from the fact that she is my wife. The entire day, my mind kept running back to her wondering if she was alright in Brooklyn. Although I trusted Martin for her safety, let's not forget that her middle name is 'trouble'.

I even called her two times but her mobile was switched off, worrying me all the more. At last, I called Martin who informed me that he had dropped her at the house safely and her phone had run out of battery. Like, seriously. She had to go from Manhattan to Brooklyn and she didn't keep her phone charged.

Relieved about her, I decided to do one more important thing before going home. I had to see Sophie. The way she had been acting all this time scared the shit out of me. But I knew that I needed to sort things out with her, so here I was. In front of her flat.

I rang the doorbell and a few minutes later, it was opened by Sophie. She seemed surprised to see me but I gave her a small smile.

"Hi." I said in a small voice.

"What's with the formality? Come in." She replied with a wider smile and I walked inside as she shut the door behind me. An awkward silence took over us. I could not help but look everywhere but her, while she stared at the ground blankly. But that lasted for less than a minute.

"Shall we sit on the balcony? It's peaceful and comfortable there." She said, signaling me to come inside. We sat on the bean-bags present there and Sophie spoke again. "I wasn't expecting you at this time. What's up?"

I shrugged at her and answered, "Nothing much. Why? Do you not like it when I come here?" I joked. Sophie giggled and replied. "I love it when you come here Adrien." I looked at her but she avoided my gaze. Her blonde hair flew a little because of the wind and she tried to set them right and my mind immediately ran back to Crystal.

When the strong wind grazed her face, making her silky brown hair fly while she ruffled them on the night of our wedding, I just couldn't take my eyes off her. I can never deny that she looked ethereal that day. Just how I imagined my bride to be. Ever since we've been entangled with each other, it's like I keep looking for chances to see her.

Just like today when she helped me with my tie. Unconsciously, I kept staring at her beautiful features. The tiny frown on her forehead and the way she bit the corner of her lip while concentrating on the tie, everything about her attracts me and I just can't help it.

"Anyway, did you have your dinner?"

I heard a voice and that brought me back from my thoughts.

What the actual fuck am I doing?

I brought my focus back on Sophie and decided to stop beating around the bush.

"Sophie, why are you being like this?" I left her question unanswered. "If you are mad at me you can express it. I am ready to face it." She laughed and shook her head, then looked at me and said, "I can never be mad at you Adrien, even if I want to, I cannot." She simply shrugged. I sighed at her reply and sat in silence which she broke again.