25• The rhythm of the heart

[A/N: Thank me later 😉]

🔹️🔹️Adrien Russell🔹️🔹️

Crystal looks at me with confusion while I try to restart the car but it's of no use. Frustrated, I take off my jacket and roll my sleeves up to my elbows while Crystal's eyes lingered on me.

I immediately call Martin and ask him to pick us up in my other car. Since I had chosen a longer route, it would take him a minimum of 25 minutes to reach us.

"Let's get wet in the rain." Crystal said beside me. Her eyes immediately shone with excitement and all the sadness from before had vanished.

I hid my amusement and gave her a blank look. "Not happening. I hate rain."

"Come on, Adrien, don't be a spoiled sport." Her eyebrows cutely drew together. "It's gonna be fun." She unfastened both of our seatbelts. Despite all her efforts, I didn't budge. "Ugh. Why do you have to be so stubborn? It's no fun playing alone. Please Come." She whined like a kid and I let out a laugh.

"What are you? A five year old?" I asked. She glared at me and retorted. "What are you? A fifty year old?"

After getting no reply from me, she huffed and took her sandals off her feet. Giving me one last look, she ran outside the car in the rain. "Whatever. Old Soul."

Old Soul?

I watched her every move. The way she splashed her feet on the wet ground. The way the raindrops slid down her body. The way her brown, wavy hair stuck to her neck. The way her dress gloved her curves. It was thick enough to not go transparent but it clenched around her torso.

She stood facing the sky in the heavy downpour with her eyes closed. Her arms flew to her sides as she swirled around, making her dress flair up.

Dramatic much.

I was smiling like an idiot, admiring her ethereal beauty when Crystal suddenly crouched on her knees and held her ankle. Her face crouched in pain and immediately sprinted out of the car, worried.

"Hey, you okay?" I crouched down in front of her and held her bare ankle in my hand, examining it to see if it was sprained or something. The rain drenched me completely and also blurred my vision but I continued pressing her ankle gently until I heard Crystal chuckle.

I looked up at her to see her grinning beautifully. Before I could understand, she stood back up on her feet, straight and steady. My mouth was left aar at her tactics. She tricked me to come out of the car.

I stood up too and glared at her. "Grow up, Crys." I was about to turn back to the car but stopped when she held my arm.

"You're already here so don't go. Please." She pouted like a kid with her lips plucked out. I couldn't resist those puppy-like eyes so I sighed and gave in. I was already drenched so there was no point in going back inside the car.

"Fine." She grinned when I said. Her dimples deepened and a raindrop sunk into her cheeks. I resisted the urge to lick her cream like skin. She went back to enjoying it and I stood there with my hands in my pockets.

"What are you thinking?" Crystal asked me.

"I'm having a Deja vu. With the rain, my broken down car and you." I said, recalling our first meeting. She giggled and scooted closer to me. Her eyes met mine once then she darted them away.

"I wanted to dance with you." I admitted. "At the party before Sophie showed up to us." She smiled at the ground then looked back at me.

"Well, it's not too late." She grinned and moved a step away, lending me her hand. I glanced at her hand then at her.