4

The decision was made. It was dark. He wasn't sure what time it was, maybe something around 2 in the morning. The rain had not stopped falling as if the weather was feeling the same thing as Perth was.

Contrary to how slow and peacefully the rain was falling, inside of Perth a storm was happening. He had cried for hours, his eyes red and puffy. Saint didn't deserve his tears, not a single one of them, but here he was pouring his eyes and his soul because of him.

It had been after 2 hours of crying non stop that Perth had decided that he was going to do it. The situation wasn't going to change. Saint would not treat him better. Perth would always have to remain silent, at home and follow orders. He didn't want that anymore. Four months of constant prison and restraint, was enough for him.

That's why there he was right now, looking out the window, waiting in silence for the taxi he had made a call not more than 10 minutes ago. The only thing that he could hear was the plop of the small watery drops, splashing against his bedroom window. That sound calmed him in a kind of way.

The decision to leave Saint, and ran away had came as a kind of epiphany in one of the worst scenarios of his miserable life. The first place he thought of going was his own town, but he couldn't go there where his own family was. Saint would find him in a second and the consequences terrified him. He didn't know what the man would do to him if he found where Perth would be.

A little suitcase was placed in the middle of the room with his most essential clothes and toiletries. In the morning he would withdraw some money from his bank account, enough so he could lay low for some time and then search for a job and continue his life.

As soon as he saw a little black car with the small yellow 'TAXI' sign on top of it, he put on a grey beanie on his head and zipped his coat to his chin. Perth grabbed his suitcase and opened slowly the bedroom door, looking around the hallway and listening for any movement inside the house.

Nothing.

He started walking in silence, being careful to not make any noise to draw attention. The suitcase was heavy, but he nonetheless carried it with both of his hands in front of him, paying close attention to where he was stepping.

Waking Saint up was the last thing he wanted right now. After what it seemed like an hour he finally went and open the front door and closed it quietly. The crisp and cold air that came with the rain filled his lungs. He closed his eyes and then inhaled and exhaled a couple of times.

He did it.

He placed the suitcase on the floor and started walking to the taxi, that waited in front of the gate.

After greeting the driver, the first thing Perth did was telling the place he planned on going. A hotel just outside of Bangkok. That would do for a couple of days.

The driver put his suitcase in the trunk of the car and minutes later, the car hit the road moving away from the house who ruined his life. Nothing good could be related to that big house.

As easy as breathing seems, Perth had done it with difficulty in all the months of being married to the devil.
Now he could do it easily, and let the oxygen fill him and bring his insides to life.

After getting to the room he had asked for, he threw the suitcase mindlessly somewhere inside that big space. He crashed his worn out and so tired body on the bed without even trying to get off his clothes first.

Perth looked at the ceiling of the dark room for a long moment as if that piece of wall had the answers of what he was going to do next. A lot of options came to his mind but none of them seemed good enough.