05

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───
The kiss that
almost was
─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

There she caught him, staring at her and she stared back. It all hit her at once—I mean she knew she'd have to leave him but that would mean never seeing him again. That would mean leaving her best friend forever without telling him how she felt all this time. She had so much time in the bunker to just tell him but she didn't. You know.. it hurts like hell when you know that you need to let go of someone but you can't, because you're still waiting for the impossible to happen, but how do you say goodbye when your heart still wants to hold on?

How do you get over someone who was never yours in the first place? "Why did I have to fall for him of all people." June thought and mentally groaned. "You're staring." Minnow said and June looked at her. "What?" She asked. "You're staring at Joel." She shrugged. "Well he was staring at me first." June pursed. "What is it with you two? You're both very stupid." Minnow said.

"We're just friends." June shrugged sadly. "At least that's what Joel says."

"Yeah well I think you're both full of crap, 'just friends' don't steal secret glances from each other. 'Just friends' don't get jealous when the other one talks about someone else—"

"Alright I get it.. I just.. I don't know, I wanna be his friend but at the same time I don't you know? How can you be friends with someone when every time you look at them.. you're thinking about how much more you really want? I can't even look at him without wanting to kiss him. So instead I choose to love him in silence because in silence I feel no rejection.. because being friends is better than being strangers."

Before minnow could respond Clyde stood up. "Alright time to go." Clyde said. "What?" Joel asked. "We can't stay in one spot or else the monsters are gonna come. You either sleep or eat, not both now get up." He answered as him and minnow started getting their bags. "You could've told us that cause I didn't do either." Joel said. "I can't tell you everything son." He said and they got their stuff.

***

"Okay so y'all are gonna wanna go west towards the beaches, or you can be sensible and come with us to the mountains." Clyde explained as they walked through a forest. "Uh yeah well I think I've been sensible all my life and it's gotten me no where." Joel says. "Come on we'd make a great team." Clyde says. "Yeah—no i'd think we'd make a great team but it's just uh.. there's something I gotta do." Joel answers.

"What about you darlin'?" He asks. "Id love too but I have to make sure this guy doesn't get killed. I need to get him to his girlfriend in one piece." June laughs. "It's not fair." Minnow whines and everyone looks towards her. "Woah—hey.." Joel says and minnow starts crying. "Woah, woah, woah, woah, hey minnow.." Joel whispers as he walks over to her. "Why do you two have to go." She cries. "Well.. because this girl she means a lot to me. I mean we talked about this I have to do this remember?" He questions and she stares at him. "Hey you know what? I got something for you." Joel says as he searches for something in his backpack. "I don't even know if you know what this is but—"