04

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
Truth untold
─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

After June and Joel explained to the two hikers what their situation was they followed Clyde and Minnow up a mountain. "Alright, just uh—give me a second." Joel said as he plopped down on the ground once they made it to the top. June was still climbing up the mountain with boy, taking a look at the pretty plants.

"Where's June?" Minnow asked as she finished drawing a red target on a cactus arm. "She's looking at the flowers or something." Joel said out of breath and Minnow walked over to him. She pushed his head so she could get the crossbow that was on his back pack. "So you left your nice and safe colony to find a girl that you haven't met since you were 17?" Clyde asked as he looked at the world through his binoculars. "I know it sounds weird alright, but if you knew the connection we had then maybe you'd think differently. And actually I just got in touch with Aimee again over the radio—that is now dead."

"Yeah.. have you ever heard of the term moron?" Clyde questioned and minnow gave Joel back the crossbow once she filled it with an arrow. "Okay so what? I'm a fool for believing in true love?" Joel asked as he got up from his spot. "No you're a fool because you came out here for a girl you haven't seen in a while with another girl who you've known longer than the one you're searching for." Clyde said and Joel furrowed his eyebrows at him. "Not to mention she has a huge crush on you." Minnow shrugged. "Who June? No that's not possible." Joel laughed. "We've been best-friends since high school there's no way she has a crush on me."

"Minnow, talk some sense into him please." Clyde groaned. "Look man you're cool but stupid for going after a girl when you already have June." Minnow said as she watched Joel's failed attempt to shoot an arrow at the target she had made earlier. "Sorry how old are you again?" Joel asked as the girl rolled her eyes. "I am 8–almost 9." She smiled. "Oh so an 8 year old is trying to teach me about love? ha that's great." Joel laughed.

"I've got more common sense than you and you're 24! I've known you and June for 20 minutes and I can already tell by the way she looks at you and laughs at your jokes, and don't even get me started with you. you're always trying to protect her no matter what. Even if you get hurt it doesn't matter the only thing that matters is her, I saw the way you protected her when I set off that bomb and how you covered her and not yourself. You like her Joel. you don't wanna admit it but you do."

"Okay first off she laughs at my jokes because their funny." Joel said as he put his hands on his hips and minnow stares at him, blinking repeatedly. "Hey C, we seriously have a moron here." She sighed as she mentally face palmed herself. "Second how did you get all of that information in 20 minutes?" Joel asked and minnow shrugged. "I'm observant" she smiled. "Hey, where's June and the dog thingy." Clyde asked as he set his binoculars down and stared at the two idiots. "Yeah, it's been a while she should've been here by now." Minnow said as she looked down the cliff. "Here take this." Joel said to the 8 year old as he gave her his crossbow and walked over to the edge. He looked over to try and spot the brunette and the small dog.