01

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───
The Creatures Above
─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

7 years ago I didn't think monsters existed, I thought they were myths. Little fairytales that your parents made up so you would go to bed early but boy was I wrong.

Long story short, an asteroid came crashing down on earth, it was called 'Agatha 616' for some odd reason. We—meaning everyone on earth, all got together and shot a bunch of rockets at it because you know we're dumb humans living our life but what we didn't know was that we ended it. Right there. That was the death of humanity.

If you paid attention in science class you'd know that the things that make rockets.. rockets are chemical compounds, a lot of them. So when we shot the rockets in the air the left overs came pouring back down on us and everything changed. By that I mean we now have horrific monsters who want to eat us roaming the face of the earth and it was all our fault. Basically everyone died and if there were people living you wouldn't see them. Everyone lived underground cause they were scared that the creatures were gonna eat them, which I don't blame them for.

7 years ago when all of this started.. I was living with my dad, my mom had died when I was 2 years old so I lived without a motherly figure. Joel was there for me, he's a stupid artist who freezes every time he gets scared, literally every time I scare him it's like I'm Medusa and he turns into stone. Although I'm the stupid one because I fell in love with him, he didn't know nor did he care because he had Aimee. His high school girlfriend, Joel and I were inseparable before she came and took him from me. I always disliked her but she made him happy so I acted like I was fine with it.

When the monsters first came into our world was the day I lost everything. My dad, he died saving me from a mutated creature and ever since then I've been living underground with Joel and a couple of other people.

So, basically everyone here is a family now. We've all grew closer together in these past 7 years.. some closer than others. Everyone here has a partner and by partner I mean boyfriend—girlfriend—couple—partner thing. Everyone except me.

I wanted to be Joel's girlfriend for 11 years, the problem.. is that he already has Aimee, she is currently away.. somewhere—hopefully alive and they haven't talked in 7 whole years. I kept telling him that she's probably moved on but he refuses to listen, he believes that all of this will get better and he'll see Aimee again. I can't say anything though, I have been waiting for him to get over Aimee so that I could finally confess my love but that day never came. Now I am living with him underground in our own little room with mavis and a cow which is amazing, this is our story.

***

"Hey June?" Joel called out which made her groan. "What." June said, She was laying in her bed trying to sleep but he kept bothering her. "Wanna talk?" He asked, She shot her head up and sent him a glare. "No, I wanna sleep." She sighed, She closed her eyes and tried sleeping again. It was quiet for a few minutes which she was happy about. "Hey June?" Joel said again, June threw a pillow at him which made him shriek. "Ow! What was that for?!" He whined. "Because you keep waking me up, leave me alone."