23. Violets day pt.2

"So baby girl do you wanna go to the zoo?" I asked Violet from the passenger seat.

"YEAH!" She yelled back and Conner laughed.

Conner and I had decided we were going to take her to the zoo since she loved animals and then we would go out to eat.

We drove for about 30 minutes before we reached our destination.

When we parked I got out and opened Violets door so she could jump out. I reached for her hand and she grabbed and then we walked over to Conner where he grabbed my other hand and then we made are way towards the entrance to the zoo.

When we payed and we were finally inside the zoo Violet had to use the restroom so we left Conner to use it.

Me and Violet walked out of the restroom and saw Conner standing there with a woman with bright red hair and a stick for a body pressed against. Conner looked freaked out and when he caught my eye he gave me a pleading look.

Me and Violet walked up and she looked at me in disgust when I took his hand and brought it to my lips to kiss it.

She opened her mouth about ready to say something when her eyes traveled down my arm and landed on Violet.

Her eyes bulged and she apologized before walking away.

"Well that was interesting" Conner said while squeezing my hand.

"Violet what animal do you wanna see first?" Conner asked her.

She looked at him for a minute.

"Giraffes" she said shyly.

We walked over to where the giraffes were and I saw the giraffe feeding sign so I left Violet with Conner and walked over to the lady who was standing there.

"Hi would you like to feed the giraffes today?" She asked very nicely.

"Yes I would love too"

"How many?" She asked.

"Just one" I said while handing her 4 dollars.

She handed me the small tree branch and I walked over to Violet.

"Mommy whats that?" She asked pointing at the leafy branch.

"Well baby this is to feed the giraffes" I said and her eyes showed excitement.

"Okay come here" I said taking her hand and Conner followed behind.

We walked back up to the lady who I bought it from and she let us behind the gate and we stood there waiting for the giraffe to come over.

I handed the stick to Violet and she held it until the giraffe started to walk over to her and then she started trying to hand the stick back to me.

"Honey don't you want to feed the giraffe?" She quickly shook her head while still shoving the stick at me.

"Violet here I'll help you" Conner said and Violet wearily walked over to him.

He picked her up and turned her around holding her by just her waist and the giraffe dipped his head and took the branch out of her hand and she giggled and turned around in Conners and did the thing I least expected from her.

She hugged him.

I had tears in my eyes watching Violet hug Conner and Conner hugging her back and as we started walking back through the zoo I quickly took my phone out and got a picture of them.

"What's next?" I asked.

"Lizards" she asked and Conner went to set her down but she clung to him so he just kept her on his hip.