17

"So, if I'm hearing you correctly," Izuku folded his hands on his lap, staring at Denki currently lying on the floor with his head on Shinso's thighs, "Both of your moms are kind of trash." 

"Yeah, that's really shitty," Bakugo agreed. 

"Guess we both have terrible parents..." Shouto muttered. 

"I think your dad takes the cake though," Shinso said. 

"Guys, this isn't a trauma contest," Izuku frowned. "How are you feeling? Does it feel weird to see her? And that your first name is her last name...are you going to talk to Mr. Aizawa about that?" 

"Are you mad at him?" Denki looked up at Shinso's face. 

"I don't know how I feel, honestly." 

"Wait, the name isn't exactly the same," Bakugo stared at the card. "It's Shinsou, not Shinso, see?" he pointed. 

"Is that supposed to make me feel better?" Shinso laughed awkwardly. 

"Maybe he just is bad at naming or maybe he thought she would come back someday and wanted to make sure you two could meet if you wanted to?" Izuku suggested. "There are probably good intentions somewhere. The real matter here is, what are you going to do? Are you going to talk to her?"

"My dad is my dad," Shinso stated. "I've never had a mother I don't see why I need one now." 

"Are you sure?" Denki asked. 

"Yeah," Shinso nodded, "I should probably tell him what happened though...and that we're with these three idiots." 

"Hey!" Bakugo frowned. "I'm not an idiot!"

Shouto and Izuku both looked at each other which only made Bakugo more defensive. "I'm not an idiot!" 

...

Shota stared down at his phone reading the message over and over again. I met my mother. "Oh fuck," he dropped his phone, cracking the screen entirely. He could feel the sweat build up in his palms and behind his neck. The last time he felt like this was when he was locked inside a portable toilet for twelve hours. 

"Hey, are you okay?" Hizashi walked out of the kitchen and grabbed his shoulders. Shota's face was pale. Paler than usual. 

"Shinso met his mother..." Shota forced out, voice strained. "I knew that...I knew it would...someday...but this soon...I just..." he couldn't form a real sentence. "I'm just some random guy who took him in..." the root of the problem finally surfaced. "I'm not his father. We're not even related..." 

"Hold on a second," Hizashi tried to catch up with what was going on. "Blood doesn't equal family okay?" He pulled Shota in for a hug. "You're the one that changed his diapers and took him to school. Watched him grow up and supported him. She didn't. She is the stranger here." 

"Blood relations are very strong..." Shota muttered into Hizashi's shoulder. 

"The bond you have is way stronger than the fact those two might have the same blood type, okay? If you can't trust yourself that you're a good father then just trust me that I know what I'm talking about." 

The front door opened and Denki returned with Shinso. "Shinso!" Eri ran out of the bedroom and hugged him. "You're back!" she smiled up at him. 

"What are you wearing?" Shinso looked at the hideous hoodie she had on. 

"Please don't ask," Shota confessed. "There is a reason I wear all black." 

"Seriously, where did you get this?" Shinso snickered. 

"I said don't ask," Shota muttered, sinking to the ground. He laid on the floor face-first and stretched himself out like a plank of wood. 

"Hey," Shinso sat down next to his head and poked the back of his neck. "Why did you name me 'Shinso'?" 

"Do you really want to know?" Shota turned his head and stared up at Shinso with only one eye visible through his mess of hair. "The answer is not very remarkable." 

"Depending upon the reason I might kill you," Shinso smiled innocently. 

"I had no idea what to name you. I didn't even know if she was going to come back or not so I just went with the name that was already there. Then, as I was writing it, my dumbass self was just 'he doesn't need U anymore' and left it like that," Shota closed his eyes and sighed, returning to his original position, face pressed against the floor. 

"Hahahaha," Denki slammed his hand up against the wall and pressed his forehead into it, still laughing. "He doesn't need you anymore! That's so dumb it's almost poetic." 

"That's really dumb," Shinso laid on the floor in the same position, feeling second-hand embarrassment. He pressed his face into the floor in hopes that no one would see it turning red. 

"I really enjoy the sardine can you two are becoming but don't you think you have a bit more to talk about with each other?" HIzashi crossed his arms and stared down at the two blobs. 

"No," they both muttered into the carpet at the same time. 

"Hm..." Hizashi looked at Denki. 

"Hehe," Denki smirked. The two blondes laid down on top of their boyfriends and stared up at the ceiling. 

"What the fuck?" Shinso groaned. "You're heavy." 

"That's your fault, you decided to be in the perfect bed position," Denki replied. 

"Am I heavy?" Hizashi asked. 

"Do you really want the answer to that?" Shota muttered. 

"So, I'm heavy?" 

"A bit," Shota replied. "But I think you just cracked my back in like four different spots." 

"Is that good?" 

"Probably not but it felt great."